No Rice Cultivation Ban despite Lower Water

snoop1130

No Rice Cultivation Ban despite Lower Water

kikl.PNG

BANGKOK, Sept 18 (TNA) — The agriculture and cooperatives minister confirmed he did not prohibit farmers from growing rice but urged them to save water due to low supplies.

Minister Chalermchai Sri-on dismissed the report that his ministry was banning rice cultivation. He said the ministry advised farmers to minimize water consumption because the amount of water at nationwide reservoirs were low as the rainy season was about to end.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-541569

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-09-18

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The agriculture and cooperatives minister confirmed he did not prohibit farmers from growing rice but urged them to save water due to low supplies.

How do you grow rice without water?

Is this guy in the right job?

See? This is the so called Social Immunity kicking in from the Sufficent Economy.

Social Immunity will defend the village from Politicians who want to harm it. this guy has not banned rice farming, but has urged rice farmers to save water due to low supplies. 

I need my rice, therefore I need water. Ah yes, but I need rice too, therefore I need water. But it's my water, no it's not, it's mine....gunshots....

Does this guy eat rice? He doesn't farm it, I bet. He eats rice someone else has grown. With someone else's water. Grow your own...eat your own. A sufficient economy. Let the cities starve.

3 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

No sense in banning it because they just ignore the ban anyway

Not all rice fields are irrigated, they are deforested lands, no rain no floods, no rice - being that a lot of rice "farmers" grow rice for personal/family consumption isn't going to have a happy ending ????