Pigeon Problem in Condo Pattaya

pantech

I havePigeon problem on Condo balcony which has been vacant for several months, large pile up ofPigeon poo, a real mess, contacted cleaning companies and pest control but no one interested in the job. What I need is for someone to go in there and clean up the mess and bird proof the balcony to keep the Pigeons out, I've tried Cleaning Companies and Pest Control with no luck, its not a huge balcony but there is a bit mess probably couple of inches of poo in places, but not all over, needs a really dedicated person/s to go in there, clean up and make sure birds don't get back in, waste would probably have to be bagged and taken from the premises as I don't think they will allow in the regular Condo bins.

Willing to pay good money for the job but found no one interested so far.

Anyone out there?

IMG_20200207_113901.jpg

2 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Try asking them nicely to do it over the edge.

You sound clever enough.

So many members here.  So few helpful comments.  Please try to read and understand the OP before contributing to make the forum more worthwhile.  Thank you.

I can ask my cleaning women for you. I'm sure they would like the bonus. They have to do similar jobs at my condo; though not as bad. The partner of one of the cleaning women is the maintenance man. So I'm sure that they can do the job betwixt them.

If you are up for it, let me know and I'll speak to them tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tlandtday said:

My neighbour had a similar problem and it was remedied with a good cleanup and placing nets I think the cost was 10k.  pm if you want and i can ask him for more detail.

That would be helpful

9 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

THIS....see what happens when we dont allow the chinese tourists in to feed them and take selfies!!!!

"Feed them" or "Eat them" ?

Sounds like a market opportunity for homemade squab.

Problem with netting is securing it so that it won't be blown away with the first wind. It also has to cover pretty much the entire open portion of the balcony otherwise the feathered rats will quickly learn where the gaps are (and will be quite happy at the extra protection the net provides).

The cleaning should be pretty basic. Hot water and soap basically and then a rinse after with a scented solution (beware of bleach as it could stain/discolour some surfaces). I'd wash the place down with hot water and dish soap and then rinse it with hot water mixed with something like a scented fabric softener. The odour will eventually go away so long as more birds don't take up residence.

Does the balcony have a built in drain hole ? I've seen that it some places, makes cleaning a lot easier as you aren't sloshing water over the edge of the balcony (and down onto the units below you).

I had the same problem a few years ago now and after posting the problem I was contacted by a Thai man who made an appointment to inspect, quoted me 10k which I accepted, he came with his son to do the work and a very professional job he did, totally cleaned and installed a PVC mesh so no pigeons could enter again, the mesh is still there today, as good as when he installed.

This is what you want, dedicated workers who turn up and get the job done, unfortunately hard to find in Pattaya.

Wish I still had his contact, I would forward to you.

On here it seems you only get people posting ideas, not positive people who are saying, Hey, I can come and fix your problem or I'll put you in touch with someone who can.

Come on people, he doesn't need ideas, he needs solutions.

Don't post unless you have something positive to ad.

Edited by Rimmer
font corrected
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AlteredImage said:

I had the same problem a few years ago now and after posting the problem I was contacted by a Thai man who made an appointment to inspect, quoted me 10k which I accepted, he came with his son to do the work and a very professional job he did, totally cleaned and installed a PVC mesh so no pigeons could enter again, the mesh is still there today, as good as when he installed.

This is what you want, dedicated workers who turn up and get the job done, unfortunately hard to find in Pattaya.

On here it seems you only get people posting ideas, not positive people who are saying, Hey, I can come and fix your problem or I'll put you in touch with someone who can.

Already sorted via PM

On 9/18/2020 at 11:48 PM, tlandtday said:

My neighbour had a similar problem and it was remedied with a good cleanup and placing nets I think the cost was 10k.  pm if you want and i can ask him for more detail.

Your neighbour seems to be a real champion just as yourself ! 10k for a net sold 500thb on Lazada... amazing !

10 hours ago, AlteredImage said:

another 10k champion ! hahahahaha

Yes amazing that since the OP in post #4 agreed with 10K, all solutions costed exactly that.

Cleaning up the mess and installing a PVC mesh should cost less than half of that, probably a quarter actually.

Depending on the size of the balcony, for 10K you can have a much nicer solution than an ordinary PVC mesh, and I can send you in the right direction for that.

Edited by Susco

13 hours ago, Kerryd said:

"Feed them" or "Eat them" ?

Sounds like a market opportunity for homemade squab.

Problem with netting is securing it so that it won't be blown away with the first wind. It also has to cover pretty much the entire open portion of the balcony otherwise the feathered rats will quickly learn where the gaps are (and will be quite happy at the extra protection the net provides).

The cleaning should be pretty basic. Hot water and soap basically and then a rinse after with a scented solution (beware of bleach as it could stain/discolour some surfaces). I'd wash the place down with hot water and dish soap and then rinse it with hot water mixed with something like a scented fabric softener. The odour will eventually go away so long as more birds don't take up residence.

Does the balcony have a built in drain hole ? I've seen that it some places, makes cleaning a lot easier as you aren't sloshing water over the edge of the balcony (and down onto the units below you).

Might explain why the chinese were constantly feeding them.....plumping them up?   Some have said beware of chinese bearing gifts..in this case bird seed.......guess they are doing ok as they seem to be pooping everywhere...

13 hours ago, Susco said:

Yes amazing that since the OP in post #4 agreed with 10K, all solutions costed exactly that.

Cleaning up the mess and installing a PVC mesh should cost less than half of that, probably a quarter actually.

Depending on the size of the balcony, for 10K you can have a much nicer solution than an ordinary PVC mesh, and I can send you in the right direction for that.

Did you send him in the right direction? Why not post the direction here? It might be useful.

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2020 at 7:21 AM, pantech said:

Yes it does have a drain hole, no problem, if I were younger I could do the work myself, I reckon I could knock it over in a day.

Need someone with solutions, need work completed by October 1st

That's ok, you don't need to thank me for getting the job done for you. Sometimes people forget even common decency.

I have, unfortunately, been fighting the condo pigeon scourge for quite a few years on my balcony (Bangkok). Finally seem to have solved the problem and won the war now.

Before I was staying regularly at my condo, it would often be empty for months at a time. First, the pigeons started roosting on my enclosed air conditioning units. This was behind a gated grill just big enough for pigeons to squeeze through. The mess was terrible and disgusting. Fortunately, pigeon <deleted> loosens easily with just water for removal (wear a mask though). Clean down afterwards with bleach or floor cleaner. I was then able to install netting inside of the grills secured with cable ties. Different sizes and colours netting and cable ties are available to make it almost invisible. Took me at least 5 hours to clean and install.

Another occasion I was away for 7 months and nobody had been to the condo. Pigeons had started nesting and the whole balcony was disgusting (worse than in OP's picture). There were even baby pigeons (squabs?) in the nest. They took early to flight! It took me a whole day to clean up - bag it all in bin bags - and wash down (most balconies have a drain) although mine has no water faucet.

I installed a decoy owl on the railings which was only effective for a short while. Would still get occassional pigeon visits - apparently they return to their place of birth or familiarity. A more permanent solution was needed so I installed a net over the whole balcony. This was fine and 100% effective until other residents with pigeon problems wanted to do the same. That brought it to the attention of the condo manager who then told me it was againt building rules and I must take it down. Back to square one.

I reserched various solutions and next wanted to try pigeon spikes so that they could not land or perch on the railings or ledges. There are a few options, clear plastic or stainless steel that can be trimmed to size. I bought clear plastic online and used velcro tape to stick them to the railings. This was nearly a year ago now and since then no further pigeon visits or fowling.

image.png.a536dc3574da06299fc99cdf22b181d7.png20201028_085254.thumb.jpg.f82a55181bdd4c3fae051fc8d6bcf214.jpg

• Like 1