B7 or Premium?

thaisail

I have a 2011 Ford Ranger open cab 2.5 liter engine Wildtrak with 170K kilometers on it. I want to keep this truck which has a common rail engine and has been very reliable over the years. But it seems that the Thai government will replace standard diesel with B7 biodiesel and from what I have heard, this old common rail engine will not run on B7 and I have to switch to premium and go from 22 baht/liter to 28 baht/liter. Does anyone know what will happen to my old Ford if I switch from standard diesel to B7. I have heard that October 1st, PTT will change all their diesel pumps to B7!

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I think you are confused B7 has been here a long time they have introduced B10 & B20 I use B10. 

I think about 10 year ago, when the oil price was at record high,  there was B12 and normal diesel.

After that they switched to B7, I think there was no normal diesel any more at that point, only B7 and premium.

Now they have B10 and B20 as well on top. I also use B10

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah but people worried about what diesel to use in there motor, diesel is diesel a bit of adjusting which the diesel motor will do is not end of the world it's a diesel motor. 

dont really care tobe honest as my ride is good for up to B20.

what did <deleted> me though is the changing of names..... I filled up at the usual diesel pump (which is now B10) thinking I was buying the same diesel always have........ luckily my fuel card covered it otherwise the coin would have come from my pocket.

My fuel card now has to be re-issued to allow me to buy "normal" diesel (now its B7?) and the Bio varieties.

Edited by Don Mega

32 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

dont really care tobe honest as my ride is good for up to B20.

what did <deleted> me though is the changing of names..... I filled up at the usual diesel pump (which is now B10) thinking I was buying the same diesel always have........ luckily my fuel card covered it otherwise the coin would have come from my pocket.

My fuel card now has to be re-issued to allow me to buy "normal" diesel (now its B7?) and the Bio varieties.

I can use B20 but the price difference is not worth going to Isuzu for an ecu dash board adjustment and them trying to give me there unintelligent engine knowledge,  B10 is OK i know whats going on with the engine its a diesel engine.