Nationality decides your fate!

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So why don’t the Thai Government just announce a 1 Year Amnesty for all - thus ensuring those Covid-19 free 'long term tourists’ already in country continue to spend their money in Thailand?

So painfully simply obvious. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jackdd said:

Thailand is a low risk country and the UK a high risk country for catching Covid, a potentially deadly disease.

Fear for one's life isn't reasonable?

Do you fear for your life if you get the 'flu?  That's much more life-threatening than Covid-19, perhaps you have been out of the UK since influenza was discovered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

I'm in the UK.

.075% population COVID mortality so far.

About 1 in every 1333 people have died in UK, "attributable" to COVID

Media hysteria had me a bit anxious about coming back, although "intellectually" I knew their was a very low likelihood of any serious problems for me (even at 65) along with the overwhelming majority of the population.

There was, and their remains...........a very low likelihood.

It has been, and it remains..........a frightful bore.

I guess it's being bored to death that scares them.

I agree

I have been stuck here 6 months, and following the social distancing rules I have never caught it and don't know of anyone who has caught let alone passed away with it. I live a very normal life and never even really think of covid until the news starts at six thirty and blasts me with outrageous headlines. 

37 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I did show 13x4 weekly payments with a spreadsheet from the bank but the IO wanted only 12x1 monthly payments. No, the problem was with this 1 IO as I had extensions approved before by other IO's.

If that IO will not accept that, why do you then not simply go to another IO, to get it?

18 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

The embassies can do whatever they want. They follow the rules of their of Foreign Affairs Ministry back home.

Citizens are in no way entitled to demand the issuance of documents from their embassy that go beyond what is normally available (passports, notarizations etc).

It sucks but it is how it is. The U.S. Embassies worldwide have always been known for providing better citizen services than others, especially of European countries. In the U.S. there is somewhat of a semi-accountability of the government and citizens can write/call their Senator and Congressperson to make a stink. University friend of mine had some trouble getting assistance at the embassy in Seoul and then his parents contacted their Senator for that state. Two weeks later he got what needed. Good luck with that happening at the German embassy.

It's definitely time to change German Government, not only coz of this. 100+ more reasons

• Haha 1