Jump to content

Non-B (Teaching ) visa-WP3 application-Teaching license


Recommended Posts

Hi all!

Busy going through the process of obtaining all the supporting documents in order to apply for the above visa in my home country.

When my school admin went to the Ministry of Labour to apply for the WP3 letter they were informed that the application must be supported by a Permanent or Temporary Teachers License. I was on my 1st waiver with the same school, but this expired while I was outside of Thailand.

The school e-mailed to say that Krusapa  are refusing to issue a Temporary Teaching License as I am not in Thailand. I cannot find anything on their website in this respect.

Anybody else had this happen to them or suggestions about how to get over this final hurdle?

I do not have teacher certification in my home country.

Comments and/or advice much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The instruction for the WP3 form required documents does not show a teachers license for it.

image.png.962b3be859dfee493f36329efb78ab7d.png

See: https://www.doe.go.th/prd/assets/upload/files/alien_en/df172270ff13dbee9ce60cc34f9b698d.pdf

It appears the local office where the school requested the WP3 is wrong and I don't recall it being asked for before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The instruction for the WP3 form required documents does not show a teachers license for it.

image.png.962b3be859dfee493f36329efb78ab7d.png

See: https://www.doe.go.th/prd/assets/upload/files/alien_en/df172270ff13dbee9ce60cc34f9b698d.pdf

It appears the local office where the school requested the WP3 is wrong and I don't recall it being asked for before.

Thanks a lot ubonjoe. I will send this to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a waiver another term for temporary teaching license?
My understanding is the Thailand teachers Council issues waivers (Maximum 2 years validity) to temporarily  allow teachers to teach without a teaching license. 
While on a waiver, the teacher is expected to pursue further education to get fully qualified and get a permanent teaching license

Is the Thailand Teaching Counsel refusing to issue a temporary waiver to allow a person without teaching credentials  to teach if the person is outside the country?
 

I believe that upon getting the waiver (temporary teaching license), the school can then apply for a work permit

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

I believe that upon getting the waiver (temporary teaching license), the school can then apply for a work permit

That is only needed when applying for a work permit while in the country.

The question was about submitting a WP3 application to get the receipt for it needed to apply for a non-b visa at a embassy or consulate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 4:54 PM, ubonjoe said:

The instruction for the WP3 form required documents does not show a teachers license for it.

image.png.962b3be859dfee493f36329efb78ab7d.png

See: https://www.doe.go.th/prd/assets/upload/files/alien_en/df172270ff13dbee9ce60cc34f9b698d.pdf

It appears the local office where the school requested the WP3 is wrong and I don't recall it being asked for before.

To borrow from another source,

Rule #1:  The local office is always correct.

 

Rule#2  When the local office is incorrect, see Rule #1.

 

I'd be very careful in showing them their errors.  Making someone lose face could give you more problems than you bargained for.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I'd be very careful in showing them their errors.  Making someone lose face could give you more problems than you bargained for.

I don't agree. It could be that the person that school is talking to is not familiar with what is required for a WP3 application since they had never processed one before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't agree. It could be that the person that school is talking to is not familiar with what is required for a WP3 application since they had never processed one before.

Hi ubonjoe.

The school advises regarding item 5 on the list" A copy of occupation or profession license, in case which is prescribed by the related law" is what they are referring to. And this would have to be issued by Krusapa who seem to not be prepared to do so for teachers not yet in Thailand?

What law they are referring to I do not know, but what puzzles me is that the MOE has approved my application, which my school is collecting from them today, without asking for anything mentioned in Point 5.

And even if I were certified outside of Thailand, which I am not as my own country's education system is so dysfunctional that my application for certification from them has after, 2 years,and repeated attempts, not even been met with an acknowledgement of my application, this would not hold any water in Thailand.

This is what is on the actual application form:

3.3 Copy of license for professional practice, in case the license for the work applied is required by Law.

 

 

Edited by oompie69
added content
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oompie69 said:

he school advises regarding item 5 on the list" A copy of occupation or profession license, in case which is prescribed by the related law" is what they are referring to. And this would have to be issued by Krusapa who seem to not be prepared to do so for teachers not yet in Thailand?

That is only required for engineers, doctors and etc that have to have a license to do their work. It is not the same as a teachers license or waiver.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only required for engineers, doctors and etc that have to have a license to do their work. It is not the same as a teachers license or waiver.

 

Thanks Ubonjoe. Yes, it is a new admin lady doing this. My previous Non-B went off without a hitch and I cannot recollect even applying for the teaching licence waiver. The school must have done it on my behalf.

Work Permit was done, also with no problems.

I have asked the school to let me know exactly what they were told. Hoping somewhere things got lost in translation.

Once again, thanks for your input. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 12:31 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is only required for engineers, doctors and etc that have to have a license to do their work. It is not the same as a teachers license or waiver.

 

Hi Unbonjoe!

The school reports back that the license they are referring to is registration as a teacher in your home country.

This must be new then? I am sure there are many here that are teaching on waivers without being certified teachers in their home country.

Any thoughts or suggestions because seems that I am in a catch 22 situation then? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They do not always make decisions in the best interest of the children/country.

 

I know someone that was an excellent high school physics teacher with PhD for 6 years on waivers at the same school. He was not allowed to continue teaching without returning to school and getting a degree in teaching and a permanent teaching license. He was replaced by a teacher with no experience teaching, but on theIr first waiver. Needless to say, the students suffered.

 

This is part of their method to try get fully licensed teachers in the classroom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, oompie69 said:

This must be new then? I am sure there are many here that are teaching on waivers without being certified teachers in their home country.

Any thoughts or suggestions because seems that I am in a catch 22 situation then? 

I think it is all new to the work permit office since normally a WP3 is not required to get a non-b visa based upon teaching since a work permit is not required to apply for it. It is a requirement to get a certificate of entry.

Maybe the school could explain the situation to work permit office and inform them the waiver will be applied for as soon as you are here on a non-b visa and the request for the work permit will not be done until then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it is all new to the work permit office since normally a WP3 is not required to get a non-b visa based upon teaching since a work permit is not required to apply for it. It is a requirement to get a certificate of entry.

Maybe the school could explain the situation to work permit office and inform them the waiver will be applied for as soon as you are here on a non-b visa and the request for the work permit will not be done until then.

Thanks, again. Will send your thoughts to school and see what action they want to take.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...