K1 visa delay lawsuit filed yesterday in US

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/748220-k-1-lawsuit-has-been-filed-in-federal-court-today/

I filed for a K1 in February.   At that time it wS typical to get a visa for a Thai person in around 260days based on timeline tracking algorithms on VJ using people's timeline date posts.    

One couple on VJ had a interview date in May that was canceled and now rescheduled for Dec 23.  So an 8 month delay or basically almost a doubling of the pre covid timeline. Add in that this couple must have applied 4-6 months earlier than us and I maybe looking at an additional time of 14 months from now.  Adding up the 14 month's plus my current wait of 8 months may mean it is currently taking  22 months to get a K1.   Add in that its not really possible for me to travel ro Thailand at this time and this really bites hard. 

I didn't need to talk about how this lawsuit relates to my situation.   The main thing is this US administration is going to get their hands slapped yet again for blatant anti immigration policies.    And from a president who's wife  should have her Einstein visa revolked for its numerous errors. 

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

I didn't need to talk about how this lawsuit relates to my situation.   The main thing is this US administration is going to get their hands slapped yet again for blatant anti immigration policies.    And from a president who's wife  should have her Einstein visa revolked for its numerous errors. 

Your lawsuit will get laughed out of court. Oh noooo there are delays during a pandemic, who would have guessed... MANY countries have closed their borders at this time EVEN thailand..but you think somehow you are special and everyone should bow down to your demands...

2 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Your lawsuit will get laughed out of court. Oh noooo there are delays during a pandemic, who would have guessed... MANY countries have closed their borders at this time EVEN thailand..but you think somehow you are special and everyone should bow down to your demands...

Wrong!!!   There are internal communications discovered in the other immigration lawsuit that are incriminating.    These lawsuits against trump have been winning time and time again.  The immigration policies are written in law and can't be interpretrd in America  no matter what our leader or ruling party wants.  Get educated.   In fact the day after the intent for a lawsuit was announced the government announced that they would begin K1 processing again

10 hours ago, Elkski said:

You know US Immigrarion is using enhanced screening nowadays, which includes review of their online activities?  Go on and slam an administration and throw-in an insult of somebody's wife.

Perhaps you might get "revolked" as well. 

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

You know US Immigrarion is using enhanced screening nowadays, which includes review of their online activities?  Go on and slam an administration and throw-in an insult of somebody's wife.

Perhaps you might get "revolked" as well. 

Sorry about the misspelling.   I think you have lived in an authoritarian country to long.  

The U.S. Immigration department is completely backed up for a lot of reasons, mostly because there are just so many people trying to get to the U.S., legally and illegally. I know many illegals in the U.S. and they back up the system with pointless applications for all kinds of nonsense that has no prayer of ever happening. My ex-wife's brother applied for a green card, which he has no prayer of getting about 8 years ago and even though he has no prayer of getting the green card it's moving through the system backing it up. There are millions of applications clogging up the system. This is what happens when the laws are not black and white, the appeals drag on and on.

I understand there is more business so that usually means you hire more employees but there has been a hiring freeze and the current administration tried to cut funding.  As far as K1 visas go I was told the fees are set to cover  all the expenses.   One old employee said a review  of a K1 case  took him 1 hour. But why was there a 4 month backlog?  Now 8Or more.   Future fees are going up like 40%.   CR1 and K1 visas are about US citizens wanting to bring a wife or fiance to the US.   I believe there has been a deliberate slowing of all visa types by this administration.  We are a country of 100% immigrants unless your native American.   But now we want to close the gate  behind us.  I think this is done only for political reasons. 

Archived