‘Vertical Forest’ in Chinese Residential Complex Becomes Mosquito-Infested Jungle

1 hour ago, rott said:

Yes you're certainly talking above the heads of people who cannot even spell fachist. 

Jokers all of them. 

Fachist, fasjist, fascist take your pick in what ever language smart ass - by the way, do you speak any other language than English or english?

12 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Yeah, I'm talking above most heads again.

10 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Fachist, fasjist, fascist take your pick in what ever language smart ass - by the way, do you speak any other language than English or english?

I believe Rott was politely calling you out as an arshhole.  (Native/aboriginal spelling/pronunciation for ...well I'm sure you know enough languages to piece it together)

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Sounds more fachist then communist.

By the way: before "fachism" became a swear word, used by the left and by the right, fachism had a simple meaning: the combination of capitalism and dictatorial government, as in Italy and Germany.

Yeah, I'm talking above most heads again.

Fascism, communism... whats in the label? There is always a huge difference to the basic of an ideology and the way it is used by people to get what they want. Communism is based on the idea that property is owned by everybody, but in communist regimes it is always a very small % at the top owning almost everything and everybody else owning nothing.

If i talk about fascism people will think of Germany in the thirties, which was an industrial nation producing huge amounts of products to ramp up for war. Building housing units nobody wants doesnt fit that description. When i talk about communism people think of the Soviet Union which produced stuff nobody wanted and not produced things people wanted. China now fits that better, plus it actually is a communist regime (at least by name) so I call it communism. So i call it typical communism what they are doing there now, so people understand what i mean and i dont have to summarize all works of Marx to share a simple idea. 

11 hours ago, oldhippy said:

This is an English Language forum so why would you suddenly start using a foreign language.? 

For what it's worth I did Google the word before posting to see if there was any indication of a foreign origin but with no response. They went straight to the word fascist. 

Your purpose just seems to be to announce your multilingual skills to all on here. I for one am most impressed and feel you should be allowed a lap of honour at the next suitable opportunity. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Fascism, communism... whats in the label? There is always a huge difference to the basic of an ideology and the way it is used by people to get what they want. Communism is based on the idea that property is owned by everybody, but in communist regimes it is always a very small % at the top owning almost everything and everybody else owning nothing.

If i talk about fascism people will think of Germany in the thirties, which was an industrial nation producing huge amounts of products to ramp up for war. Building housing units nobody wants doesnt fit that description. When i talk about communism people think of the Soviet Union which produced stuff nobody wanted and not produced things people wanted. China now fits that better, plus it actually is a communist regime (at least by name) so I call it communism. So i call it typical communism what they are doing there now, so people understand what i mean and i dont have to summarize all works of Marx to share a simple idea. 

If we are going to believe that China is a communist country, just because their dictatorship says so, we might also believe their statistics and explanations of covid. Or will we be cherry picking?

China is a capitalist country - more precisely, a 19th century European style capitalist country.

3 hours ago, rott said:

This is an English Language forum so why would you suddenly start using a foreign language.? 

For what it's worth I did Google the word before posting to see if there was any indication of a foreign origin but with no response. They went straight to the word fascist. 

Your purpose just seems to be to announce your multilingual skills to all on here. I for one am most impressed and feel you should be allowed a lap of honour at the next suitable opportunity. 

I am not suddenly using a foreign language.

Are you grammar polizei?

Which brings us back to topic: fascismo (as it was called by the inventors) or Faschismus (as it was called by those that made Germany great again).