Heavy Rain Hits Northeastern Thailand as Storm Noul Moves in

rooster59

Heavy Rain Hits Northeastern Thailand as Storm Noul Moves in

rain.JPG

BANGKOK, September 18 (TNA) – Tropical Storm Noul has caused heavy rainfalls in Thailand’s northeast as the Category 3 tropical storm made landfall in Vietnam’s Hue city early on Friday.

The storm is forecast to have strong impacts to provinces in the North and Northeast from Friday to Sunday.  

Thailand’s Department of Meteorological reported at 10 am on Friday that Noul was moving toward the Northeast of Thailand with sustained winds of 75 kilometer per hour.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-541840

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-09-19

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I must live in a different northeast. In Udon we've had some rain, but nothing 'heavy'.

It passed to the south so we didn't catch the worst of it. It was the same for us in Sakon Nakhon. Light winds and rain only. Of course the mountains of Laos would have taken the sting out of it as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chassa said:

Not stopped raining in Nong Bua Lamphu since 9:30am yeserday!

How much rain? are you in the city? are the reservoirs now full with All the rain, are the adjacent reservoirs full, UdonRat is empty, not making it to there, Huai Luang is at 32% - 40% less rain than this time last year, do you know how to gauge rainfall? besides looking out the window?

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I must live in a different northeast. In Udon we've had some rain, but nothing 'heavy'.

Yer true....I was watching the scenes in Vietnam on TV.......think it must be moving slower than what they expected. Seems it still there.

The shops near the old Tesco, are all sand bagged in front. Maybe they know something I don't............:coffee1:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Massive raining in Ubon-Sisaket since Friday morning.

Some roads flooded and farms turned into swamps.

And the damn thing is moving away extremely slowly...

Here at my house in Ubon Ratchathani city it started raining about 9 pm on Thursday night and it is still raining steadily now (Saturday 3 pm). Over 40 hours. The heaviest part was Friday afternoon. Massive surface flooding, trees toppled over and roads blocked. As said above, moving away extremely slowly. 

19 minutes ago, Yasobill said:

We got a good amount of rain in Yaso yesterday and this morning. Some flooded roads and Fields and ponds filling up.

we needed this precip! 

+1 here in Buriram the same. The Rice farmers are happy and are buying fertilizer in droves.

Western part of Khon Kaen.

Rain coming and going all day with short breaks.

Definitely darkest day of this year.

Now (8 PM) strong/intense rain.

Fortunately no flooding problem in the village but likely a lot of crop damaged/lost?

• Thanks 1

Day 3, the depression is still here...won't move!

Could be here for a week...or a month...

To make things worse, the wind is now blowing from the West, somehow bringing back with it the clouds which had been coming from the East.

Edited by Brunolem

Looks like it dumped a lot of rain over most of Isaan, but the quantity and severity of storm-like conditions has been variable.

In the southern amphurs of Sisaket the rain stats for Friday showed less than half the amount of rainfall compared with the central and northern amphurs (eg Kantharalak and Khun Han 70-80mm, meuang Sisaket/Phayu/Kanthararom 170-210mm). Soggy fields but no flooding to speak of around where I live.

Hopefully enough by the time the system has passed to see the farmers through the next dry season and the village water supplies delivering though. Without it I reckon we would have been struggling by March/April.

Accuweather satellite seems to suggest more fuel is being added to the system  off the Vietnam coast this morning

image.png

Edited by SantiSuk

Friday night in lower Petchabun...... very heavy rain all night , 8 hour deluge.

Woke up to find local roads a bit flooded plus the large 100 x 50 meter pond that was empty Thursday now full to a depth of 15 meters with banks broken and washed away. Great for local farmers who thought they were facing a drought.

20 hours ago, CGW said:

How much rain? are you in the city? are the reservoirs now full with All the rain, are the adjacent reservoirs full, UdonRat is empty, not making it to there, Huai Luang is at 32% - 40% less rain than this time last year, do you know how to gauge rainfall? besides looking out the window?

Yeah - If the dogs are on the verandah - it's raining!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1