Gen Prawit orders troops to help storm hit villagers

rooster59

Gen Prawit orders troops to help storm hit villagers

Tanakorn Sangiam

9b87325ff43131fda12f2f31ebbd4d86_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT) - Several agencies are now preparing to cope with the impact and disruption of tropical storm Noul. The Department of Health has ordered all health clinics across the country to prepare their staff and equipment to provide assistance in case of flooding, while DPM Gen Prawit has ordered military personnel at all areas to be on standby for village emergencies.

Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan has instructed all related personnel to be on high alert for the impact of tropical storm Noul that is expected to cause torrential rain in several areas, and has ordered military units to help villagers in affected areas.

The Department of Health’s Director General, Dr Panpimol Wipulakorn disclosed the department has ordered all its health clinics across the country to ensure the preparedness of staff and equipment to provide assistance in flood affected areas. The clinics will be providing environmental health assistance in forms of food sanitation, waste management, clean water management, and by providing kits containing garbage bags, stool disposal bags, dish soap, body soap, hand sanitizer, and chlorine solution to help disinfect flood water that hits villages.

Members of the general public in affected areas are advised to be cautious about venomous animals and insects that may appear, and are strongly advised to cut down on the use of electricity in their household by switching off their main circuit breaker during flooding.

In thunderstorms, villagers are warned not to stay in an open area such as a rice field, a football field, or a golf course, and to avoid being near a tall structure, such as a mobile network tower, a utility pole or even a tree. If outside during the rain, the public is advised to remove any metal items or accessories they may be wearing, and park their vehicle away from big trees, tall buildings, utility poles, or big billboards.

When sheltered inside, all doors and windows must be well closed, while people must stay away from walls, doors, and windows. All electronic devices should be unplugged to prevent possible damage from a lightning strike.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-09-19

This is not a storm, with thunder and lightning, but a slow moving tropical depression.

The danger is not electrocution, but flooding.

Get your facts straight before sending the cavalry!

I haven't seen the stormtroopers around here yet, but I will sleep in my bunker, to be on the safe side...

It's amazing there's no coverage of the 'storm' in Bangkok. Take note of that. It shows the objectivity of those in power here.  And by here I don't mean somewhere else. They pick the news fit for discussion. Well anyways, Thailand is known for the elephant in the room. We can talk the little general. I think Prawit cares because he's too short for floods.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Expensive watches are waterproof! ????

but too many might weigh him down. 

I'm just positively surprised he had the "time" ???????????? to comment on the well-being of the peasants.

Edited by djayz

4 hours ago, Brunolem said:

This is not a storm, with thunder and lightning, but a slow moving tropical depression.

The danger is not electrocution, but flooding.

Get your facts straight before sending the cavalry!

If you've read enough news, and paid close attention to the wiring, electrocution is a natural extension of the flooding.  Just like the diseases that come from the turds floating down the roads.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, impulse said:

If you've read enough news, and paid close attention to the wiring, electrocution is a natural extension of the flooding.  Just like the diseases that come from the turds floating down the roads.

I was referring to that:

"In thunderstorms, villagers are warned not to stay in an open area such as a rice field, a football field, or a golf course, and to avoid being near a tall structure, such as a mobile network tower, a utility pole or even a tree. If outside during the rain, the public is advised to remove any metal items or accessories they may be wearing, and park their vehicle away from big trees, tall buildings, utility poles, or big billboards."

I am right under the depression and I haven't seen any thunder in 3 days...this is not a storm, but a very slow moving system dropping rain along the way...

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

I was referring to that:

"In thunderstorms, villagers are warned not to stay in an open area such as a rice field, a football field, or a golf course, and to avoid being near a tall structure, such as a mobile network tower, a utility pole or even a tree. If outside during the rain, the public is advised to remove any metal items or accessories they may be wearing, and park their vehicle away from big trees, tall buildings, utility poles, or big billboards."

I am right under the depression and I haven't seen any thunder in 3 days...this is not a storm, but a very slow moving system dropping rain along the way...

The thunder where i live made me leap 6" from the bed 4am Fri morning. beware.

• Like 1