Still Hungry: Thousands in Phuket remain in need of food donations as government efforts stall

rooster59

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

This is unacceptable, why hasn't the local mayor contacted his Bangkok counterpart and organized food and water and supplies This is concerning to me and i'm sure if the PM Khun Prayut was made aware of this he would most certainly be annoyed nothing was done, and i'm sure he would act. 

I expect we'll see follow up action later today .... imo

Water canons?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

exactly ....   but TV farang are so stupid.  imo

My wife lived in Phuket for ten years and still has Thai friends there, anyone saying there are not poor people living on the edge in Phuket are frankly misinformed, would likely be worse for Burmese. As an example, I visited the Thai family of my wife's friend a few years back, living not that far from Soi Bangla in a community, where Westerners perhaps never go, who were very poor.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NightSky said:

Are these 'sea gypsies' as you call them not human and therefore do not require food?

Good morning nightsky. Thankyou for your question.

sea gypsies is English language. I call the “chow lay” = sea people.

They need food and money. Last week at the temple Yinn give them food and money. 

And you?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Because anyone who stays in a country the size of Thailand for more 2 or 3 months is really not a tourist. A tourist is a person who tours an area for pleasure or culture. If you're staying longer than 2 or 3 months, you're here for something other than to tour the country. People on amnesty have been here for about 7+ months.

There many reasons to stay in Thailand other than tourism. Many other types of visas are available to extend your stay for legitimate reasons. Try to be honest when stating why you want to stay.

I assume you made a mistake in replying to my post with another post

All the countries which fell into the WHO/gloablist pandemic trap of a virus that kills 0.062%, the vast  majority of which are elderly and those with co-morbidities will now reap a whilwind of deaths of many many times more from starvatiion, malnutrition, poverty, suicide, stress and other problems which will arise from lockdowns, restrictions, mask wearing, hysteria and the collapse of the economy. 

• Thanks 1