Interesting Video 5 reasons Thailand dealt successfully with Covid

Nout

10 minutes ago, Nout said:

How so? Are you suggesting the information is inaccurate. The content of the video seems more reasoned than your response.

I agree Nout, my response is simply my personal view and my last stand on the subject. How can I doubt Mr Kuster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stouricks said:

I agree Nout, my response is simply my personal view and my last stand on the subject. How can I doubt Mr Kuster?

Who is Mr Kuster? Do you have reason to doubt him? Anyway. I am sure you would agree we are better off here in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

I have to agree with No.3 in the video - wearing masks. I've lived here throughout the pandemic, and I've always been skeptical about whether the official figures were true, or whether the Thai government was 'managing' them.
Back in Jan/Feb when Thailand was 2nd after China in terms of the number of infections, I was initially very worried, and then numbers in other countries started shooting up while Thailand's didn't. I always felt that if the numbers were true, it was the fact that everyone was wearing masks. 
I keep up with international news and have been shocked how people in other countries are so resistant to wearing masks. I'm from the UK so I understand that it's not natural and uncomfortable, but I still find it shocking. 
It was only a couple of days ago when the US CDC director came out and said it bluntly: masks are the most important public health tool there is in terms of fighting the pandemic. And yet there are still people who won't wear them. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cake Monster said:

The Virus was herein late November 2019. Well before the World knew about it, and certainly before Thailand did.

Possibly but not proven. Its funny how people refuse to acknowledge the role of Thai health services and their system of voluntary care workers. Or the system of rigours quarantine. Its almost like some people don't want Thais to be successful in any way nor deserve any credit for anythings? Is this just an indirect form of Thai bashing?

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, samsensam said:

hummm... well on the face of it things have gone well, but most of the evidence is hearsay; do you really believe 56 covid deaths?, if thailand has done so well why doesn't the government produce the factual evidence, the scientific evidence, the evidence from results of ongoing mass testing... as with many things in thailand it's all very superficial and doesn't stand up to logical, common sense scrutiny. not thai bashing just stating the reality.

There is no mass testing. Thousands of people were dieing in Europe before testing. Thousands of people are not dieing here.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nout said:

Who is Mr Kuster? Do you have reason to doubt him? Anyway. I am sure you would agree we are better off here in Thailand.

Mr Kuster is the guy who presented the video you quoted in your opening post.

The other one died at the Battle of the Little Big Horn!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Nout said:

There is no mass testing. Thousands of people were dieing in Europe before testing. Thousands of people are not dieing here.

Yes they are, but it is from other diseases helped on by Covid, but the cause of death is always the underlying disease, not Covid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No better off anywhere it's the same all round the world unless you believe all the media reports.

You want to be in Melbourne? Or in the UK? I believe I am better off here because my life is less restricted,  I have more personal freedoms and the danger of contracting Covid 19 is substantially less. Where would you prefer to be rather than here in Thailand. The reality of the situation in other countries is most definitely not dependent on my beliefs. Nor yours. You might believe the moon is made of blue cheese. But it isn't. You might believe people are not under lockdown and people are not dieing in their thousands but they no matter what you believe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stouricks said:

Yes they are, but it is from other diseases helped on by Covid, but the cause of death is always the underlying disease, not Covid.

Irrelevant.  Covid led to death not the underlying illness. They were not dieing until they caught covid. People who have recovered haven't really recovered. Some are permanently mentally and physically damaged.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Nout said:

I believe I am better off here because my life is less restricted,  I have more personal freedoms and the danger of contracting Covid 19 is substantially less.

Surely the more restricted you are, ie lockdown, the danger of contracting Covid is substantially less, not the way you have said it.

20 minutes ago, johng said:

If they didn't test in Europe then those deaths could be called

"viral pneumonia" too.

Nonsense. The diagnosis is done as part of post mortem tests not random tests on non symptomatic people. I really don't understand what your point is. Are you not glad you are in Thailand? Yes or no answer please. If you do not want to be here where would you prefer to be?

13 minutes ago, Nout said:

You want to be in Melbourne? Or in the UK? I believe I am better off here because my life is less restricted,  I have more personal freedoms and the danger of contracting Covid 19 is substantially less. Where would you prefer to be rather than here in Thailand. The reality of the situation in other countries is most definitely not dependent on my beliefs. Nor yours. You might believe the moon is made of blue cheese. But it isn't. You might believe people are not under lockdown and people are not dieing in their thousands but they no matter what you believe.

I agree with you that it's preferable living here but for me it has nothing to do with contracting this virus.How do you know if the risks of contracting Covid are less here if they are not doing similar testing as in other countries is it you believe the Thai numbers?Do you know how the Thai administration is classifying deaths here?You said your self it's possible the virus spread through Thailand without the authorities being able to classify the real cause?There is nothing in this video that Thailand did that other countries around the world didn't also do and I'm not saying that every country did every thing as other asian countries,Sth Korea and Japan,did the mask thing and have similar social customs concerning social distancing but that have much more extensive testing and desire to find the truth than Thailand.The numbers of people dying of Covid without co-morbidities are starting to emerge and they seem to be very low.Of course I believe people are dying by the thousands with and because of covid but people have been dying in there thousands every year of the flu and there's not much I can do about it regardless of the fact that the moon is made of blue cheese why else would the moon be blue?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nout said:

Nonsense. The diagnosis is done as part of post mortem tests not random tests on non symptomatic people. I really don't understand what your point is. Are you not glad you are in Thailand? Yes or no answer please. If you do not want to be here where would you prefer to be?

They don't seem to be very keen on post mortem tests here in Thailand and I'm not sure they are done on the many who die of what are deemed natural causes by the doctors signing the death certificates anywhere around the world.

• Like 2

I'd agree some of the factors in the video are valid. Mask wearing, the wai, removing shoes. However, claiming  Thais shower twice a day is patently ridiculous - some rural Thais live under trees on pallets.

I consider there is several other factors contributing to the limited spread here. Thailand has had BCG vaccination since the 70's, and there is enough evidence for South Australia to be running a trial with 500 frontline health workers to test the hypothesis BCG mitigates or prevents coronavirus infection.

Coronavirus likes cold, and dry conditions. Thailand is hot and humid. IMO the use of spices in just about every cooked food here could also be a factor in limiting transmissibility.

Every problem is also an opportunity. I am anticipating a truckload of Ph.D. theses and Lancet articles explaining Thailand's great escape.

• Like 1