Are all the shops and restaurants open in Suvarnabhumi?

jimmjam

19 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Well duhhhhh, yes i need to be there.

Im flying in and flying out next week.

I dont just show up at airports for no reason.????

I flew to Krabi a couple of weeks ago and there were shops and restaurants open in the domestic terminal so every chance there will be something open in the international side.

I only had a beer and quite surprised at the price, good bit lower than normal but first time used domestic at swampy, normally been DM.

I flew international to the UK in July. The place is like a ghost town. There are a few small restaurants open where you can get a beer but most if not all the shops are closed. The prices have been raised as well. Hardly any passengers. Its also unpleasantly warm in there. They seem to have turned down the air con to save money. Hope this helps.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

I flew international in June and the only shops I seen open were boots chemist and duty free perfume. Everything else had been cleared out and was wrapped in clear plastic film to keep it clean I guess . I think there were a couple of places to eat and drink but not many .

You will probably do best to walk over to the domestic side, upper floor has a large food court (including places for a beer) and I'd be surprised if that area was nto still open. Likely not much at all on the international  side since it is so quiet.

In basement, Airport Link floor, Subway and ESarn restaurant next to it are open. Didn't see any others opened there.

On 3rd floor more or less everything looked opened.

I didn't go check but it seemed that canteen on the ground floor was opened at the far end of the airport.

All exchanges seemed closed. Boots and 7-11 were opened.

That's all on the outside... before the security check.

For domestic flights there's a different procedure now - there's a QR code for an app you need to download and fill out a form in it, then show it at the counters at the end of the queue to be allowed to board the plane. Seems standard stuff - your personal details and flight number.

Getting into the airport has temperature checks, like most other places.

Other than that (and the lack of tourists), it looks pretty close to normal.

Ah yes, the King Power shop has now moved outside to domestic arrivals and anyone can shop there, no need for the flight ticket.

6 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

lol...who spend time there ... everything overpriced, so unless you really really need to be there ...

I go there for Subway. Convenient as it's at the end of the line of train that stops in front of my house. Safer than motorbike, faster than taxi or bus to other places that have it - and it's right at the exit from Airport Link. One train there, get sandwich made, next train back. So no, I really really really don't need to be there.

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

In basement, Airport Link floor, Subway and ESarn restaurant next to it are open. Didn't see any others opened there.

I didn't go check but it seemed that canteen on the ground floor was opened at the far end of the airport.

For domestic flights there's a different procedure now - there's a QR code for an app you need to download and fill out a form in it, then show it at the counters at the end of the queue to be allowed to board the plane. Seems standard stuff - your personal details and flight number.

Ah yes, the King Power shop has now moved outside to domestic arrivals and anyone can shop there, no need for the flight ticket.

Last time about 2 months ago I was handed a QR code form but just tossed it. Are they seriously enforcing it now? Do you have a copy of it to look at as I have to fly domestically in 2 days. 

54 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Last time about 2 months ago I was handed a QR code form but just tossed it. Are they seriously enforcing it now? Do you have a copy of it to look at as I have to fly domestically in 2 days. 

Yes, they are serious. They won't let you even go down the escalator if you don't show them filled out form in an app. The QR codes (and helpers to help you download and fill out the form, free Wifi, etc.) are at the beginning of the queue for domestic departures. At the end of the queue line are 3-4 counters that are manned. There they check the documents and boarding pass, as well as check the phone for the form filled out. If you don't have it, they'll force you to fill it into the notebook in front of them, before they let you pass. And they don't care if you're about to miss your plane. Then again if you fly once, you'll already have that app so it's easy to pre-fill it before you even get to the airport.

I asked about this as well but to late to get a reply. 

Before security it's not too bad as there are a quite a few places open but after it's gets very quiet. Today (20th Sep) there were 3 or maybe 4 that I saw with one customer in most. Better to eat before security if you can. 

9 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Yes, they are serious. They won't let you even go down the escalator if you don't show them filled out form in an app. The QR codes (and helpers to help you download and fill out the form, free Wifi, etc.) are at the beginning of the queue for domestic departures. At the end of the queue line are 3-4 counters that are manned. There they check the documents and boarding pass, as well as check the phone for the form filled out. If you don't have it, they'll force you to fill it into the notebook in front of them, before they let you pass. And they don't care if you're about to miss your plane. Then again if you fly once, you'll already have that app so it's easy to pre-fill it before you even get to the airport.

Bummer. Last time they handed the app paper to me then let me walk through and then I tossed it. It is just going on my 2nd have nothing no use phone anyway but is a pain in the erse.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:12 PM, tomazbodner said:

Whats the app?