SURVEY: Will Thailand keep the virus under control?

Scott

SURVEY: Will Thailand keep the virus under control?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thailand has been commended for its excellent handling of the pandemic.  In recent weeks, there have been one death and a case of a young girl from Myanmar testing positive.   The plan for protests could add further risk.   Several countries are experiencing a second wave of the virus.  In your opinion, do you think Thailand will be able to continue to keep the virus in check.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.

According to worldometer only around 10,700 people in Thailand have been tested out of a population of over 69m so it's impossible to say with any accuracy how many people have had the virus. What is known is that about 65 people a day die from road accidents which is more than the total reported as having died from covid19 in the last 7 months. Less care is being taken in taking temperatures and many places are open until the early hours of the morning in Pattaya. Social distancing is not happening in bars and discos. If the virus is around it will spread quickly. 

• Like 2

They will keep the virus under control for a while longer by continuing to ban international travel, but the economic devastation will worsen as a result.  At some point, probably around Chinese New Year, the economic pain will be so bad the powers that be will get concerned about a revolution and will then open the borders to Chinese tourists and handle the virus as best they can. At that point the virus will not be controlled, but the overall situation will be better due to the improved economy.  Just MHO.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

According to worldometer only around 10,700 people in Thailand have been tested out of a population of over 69m so it's impossible to say with any accuracy how many people have had the virus. What is known is that about 65 people a day die from road accidents which is more than the total reported as having died from covid19 in the last 7 months. Less care is being taken in taking temperatures and many places are open until the early hours of the morning in Pattaya. Social distancing is not happening in bars and discos. If the virus is around it will spread quickly. 

Which worldometer have you been looking at? The figure for Thailand is around 749,000. The trouble is that figure hasn't changed for about 3 months!! 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Scott,   I believe the Thai government has done an exceptional job in the control of the virus through early evasive action.  However,  now with the protests yesterday where as the organizers did not heed Khun Prayut's warning and as such went ahead, I am sure there will be a spike and a second wave.

This unprofessional selfish and risky approach could have been avoided.

Sadly, they only have themselves to blame for further virus cases and extended border closures and airplane lockouts. 

Whether one agrees with the views of the protesters or not, I personally think, that this is the entirely wrong time to organize protests. The only, repeat only, important, yes absolutely vital, objects are the fight against the virus as well as somehow reviving the economy. All other differences should be put aside and all should unite in the struggle to achieve a success in this vital struggle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I just can talk about Pattaya. The people care less and less. Often no masks and temperature checks anymore. And at the entertainment industry they don't seem to care at all. When I walk around at night I see that no regulations are obeyed and enforced. Many bars even don't care about the legal closing times anymore and are open as long as they like it. I can't believe that the police and the City Hall doesn't know about this. It is impossible not to see it. But they seem to accept all this. I guess if the virus comes to Pattaya we will have a Problem...

If there is no money in it then..........