SURVEY: Will Thailand keep the virus under control?

Scott

SURVEY: Will Thailand keep the virus under control?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Onrai said:

I rate Thailand’s response to Covid-19 A+. They did 4 simple things-universally adopted wearing masks,

social distancing, hand washing/and hand sanitizer at every public location and strictly limiting the movement of people from one infected area to another. People adhered to the restrictions and death toll stands somewhere between 50-60 people. This is from a country who has limited resources compare to more economically developed nations. The most important metrics are per capital deaths, a population that feels safe and opening the economy back up. By all accounts Thailand ranks as one of the safest places to visit right now. Which developed country can make the same claim?

what does it matter cuz nobody are going (be allowed) to visit ????????

• Haha 2

On 9/20/2020 at 10:09 AM, steven100 said:

This unprofessional selfish and risky approach could have been avoided.

The only way to avoid demands for democracy are a vote of no-confidence, unlikely with a rigged constitution, or the voluntary call for fresh elections by the generals. IMO, the protestors took very professional precautions.

• Like 2

The question is a bit odd.. should it be "keep the number of detected infections low"? That implies testing would remain low, which it for certain will. Under control .. what's that then, only few deaths? For that they don't need to do much at all.

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thank you for a correct sensible post. But the know all's here say it's all ok.   lol

" Quote: 20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That's what was being seen in Melbourne, people having parties, going surfing and buying yoghurt at their favorite store in breach of the instructions. Most notably, the infection clusters have been occurring with ethnic groups where communication failed, and suburbs with a high social and low economic footprint. In other words, guys getting together to drink beer and watch the footy. You can't fix stupid."

I think you need to get the "facts" correct, before posting such misleading rubbish... you are right, can't fix stupid.

Edited by Aussie999
  • Like 2

The virus ain’t going nowhere. Infections will rise and fall with time. What’s important is maintaining and improving treatment. I don’t think we need to wait for a vaccine but rather good and early medication. If the unemployment rate raises from 10 to 12 and eventually 15 or worst case 20 million, the question one has to ask is if the strategy is worth it. Because the virus ain’t going nowhere. 

• Like 1

Thailand has certainly done better than some countries, aspecially the USA.

I hope some tourism happens this Winter from November onwards.                                             I hope the US, Canada border stays closed until 2022. Same goes for

the vaccines, I hope some prove effective and become available by 2021.

Geezer

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2020 at 10:44 AM, baansgr said:

How can there be a spike and second wave...Thailand is virus free

I see  no difference  between the political gathering in Bangkok,and any street market in East pattaya  where hundreds of locals gather daily  since  before the  virus began up until yesterday,  in thier hundreds with and without masks

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, possum1931 said:

I don't agree, the protesters are right, we have to get rid of these soldiers, get an elected peoples government in as soon as possible, as long as these soldiers are running the country, everything  including the virus is just going to get worse.

Do you not get the feeling you are at the Alamo Steven? ????

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Thailand has certainly done better than some countries, aspecially the USA.

I hope some tourism happens this Winter from November onwards.                                             I hope the US, Canada border stays closed until 2022. Same goes for

the vaccines, I hope some prove effective and become available by 2021.

Geezer

Only if you believe the government's figures, meanwhile, country folk are living in fear of covid.. they do not feel safe, or believe their own government.... but you do, go figure. Let's not forget the sudden reported increase of "pneumonia" and "flu" deaths. Thailand test >0.1% of population, if we look at the curve, it seems Thailand simply stopped reporting cases, it dropped incredibly fast, almost overnight.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Their success will continue unabated as long as they continue to severely limit testing.

That is what Trump is saying. More testing, more reported cases. Stop testing and the numbers will go down. Of course this fails to address the issue of who is infected and contact tracing but who cares if the numbers appear lower.

Hey Aussie  have you watched any of the USA  tv channels,  you know  ABC, NBC,

CBS, or even CNN.  When you see the crowds there that are still so mask

free, it makes me think that in 2 or 3 years, there will be a lot less Americans 

around.  At least in Thailand  and even Asia, there are a lot more mask wearers

and people who seem more serious about trying to stay healthy.  No  I  do

not believe the Thai government numbers, never have  and  never said  that I did.

When you Asume,  you just make an ass out of you  and me. Ass U Me,  get it.

SO do not assume.   thanks,  your Canadian  cousin..

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error