Sudden Supreme Court vacancy a new 'wild card' in U.S. presidential race

rooster59

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

Biden and the dems say they will unify the country once again. That won't happen no matter what. This thread is more about the impact on the election than it is about RBG dying. She should have retired long ago. But she didn't and now the worst fears of the dems have been realized. Just a dumb move in the line of many moronic tactical errors on the dem side of the aisle.

You will see that dumb thing you´re mentioning when the repz are walking out of office. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

And when the right wins again, they will either remove them or add more of their own. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Oh, OK... you do agree it is not the "huge win" you declared in your fist post.

Why do you even bother? Is it joy of self-adulation?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

If you are going to use poker analogies at least get them right. You can't see and raise that's an illegal bet. You simply raise. To see is technically a flat call and to raise is a completely separate bet. You can not call and raise in one in the sequence of the official rules. It would be considered angle shooting to see a reaction before you finally raise.  So don't lecture me about what is possible when you seem to have a hard time understanding basic rules.

Anyway you are assuming the dems gain the senate and can simply appoint whoever they want at will. If that was the case Obama would have not left a vacant seat. I am not sure what would be involved to change the law to load the court. If it's that easy both sides will do it until we have more judges than people 

A bit pedantic on the gambling thing Crying Dick. And I hope the picture of Nancy is a tribute. For she is my hero. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Regularly every 4 years Usofans give the world a demonstration of 'democracy' irrational & incompetent on a giant scale. The Supreme Court vacancy issue reinforces the point.

They almost make Thailand's government & political culture look sensible.

• Like 1