Protesters defy Thammasat ban and surge into football field for mega pro-democracy rally

rooster59

On 9/22/2020 at 7:58 AM, Morch said:

I hate it when people are unnecessarily rude AND misrepresent the posts replied to.

Guess that two major tenets in your idea of 'democracy' are the freedom to insult people you do not agree with, and the right to remain ignorant of what they actually say.

I comment the Thai students protesting. The was no attacking the police, looting or rioting. They show a lot of class.

Just now, checkered flag said:

I comment the Thai students protesting. The was no attacking the police, looting or rioting. They show a lot of class.

Yes, it was rather peaceful, and that's a good thing. As said several times, I do not have an issue with the protests as such - that's part of democracy anyway. It's also good that authorities did not go into some sort of 'crackdown' mode as seen on past episodes. If memory serves, looting was more a Red-shirt thing (vs. World Trade Center and nearby shops), attacking the police by protestors less a thing than protestors being attacked by police (or army).

• Like 1

Some off topic posts and replies pertaining to the riots in Tianmen Square and the replies have been removed.

An off topic about the obesity of one to the Thai demonstrators and a reply has been removed.

Some inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

Posts Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.