Protesters defy Thammasat ban and surge into football field for mega pro-democracy rally

rooster59

Historically Thailand has been in similar positions before, without any historical perspective one is unlikely to understand the situation fully. Consider why the constitution is always being argued over.

Masks? That's what political scholars take away from this? As these situations can end up with shooting I somewhat doubt these students are prioritizing masks. ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sungod said:

based on photos, many are not.

Good to lead by example.

Capture.PNG

Photo courtesy of  A.I.G.D.   ( army intelligence gathering division) .......... 

mask?  maybe a full face mask might have been my choice

• Thanks 2

I don't know, I think if they had made me sit in the rain overnight and promised me I could watch a new Ratsadorn plaque, and then ordered me to go home, it's all over - I wouldn't be happy.

This is like a Suthep whistle rally in more ways than one. "This week is the last big rally where we emerge victorious over the vicious government." Oh, did I say "this week"? Oh, I meant the next rally after this one".

Peaceful rallies without ANY adult participation are useless fluff. The question is who's going to throw the first rock or fire the first round, and THEN we're in revolution times, maybe. This rally had no housewives, no actors and singers, no politicians, no defectors from the government, no business people. A few academics watched on TV and then bloviated, giving the media the only story they have.

It's not a waste of time, but there was never a chance for the 10 demands. And there won't be until circumstances change, probably via murderous violence, again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

so much for social distancing ...... I am sure we'll see a spike in COVID19 ....

only themselves to blame. 

Lets see if the emergency decree extends to next month.. 

and if Prayut has the balls to ban Loy Krathong?

16 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

And based upon being there I can tell you that 99% were wearing masks in the crowd. 

I dont suppose you made your way to this part of the crowd where around 50% of them are wearing around their chins, very densely congregated?

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sungod said:

I dont suppose you made your way to this part of the crowd where around 50% of them are wearing around their chins, very densely congregated?

Capture.PNG

It's like having a helmet in the front basket of the motorcycle.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And your claim that no masks are being worn is based on what? From the embedded pictures and the news on the television, the vast majority of people there are wearing masks and a surprisingly large proportion of them are actually wearing them correctly.

Masks still help with very large crowds, but are a bit less effective nonetheless, especially when people are shouting...