Protesters defy Thammasat ban and surge into football field for mega pro-democracy rally

rooster59

There is a history of the authorities massacring students - in particular Thammasat students.

Lets hope this time the presence of phones and social media will prevent this.....however the new CoC of the army in October does not bode well.

Only in Thailand would a coup organised by the PM who organised the last coup could be considered a possibility by 58% of th population.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

so much for social distancing ...... I am sure we'll see a spike in COVID19 ....

only themselves to blame. 

Funny how reactionaries who don't approve of the politics behind a demonstration always look around of OTHER tangential reasons to stop them.

1 minute ago, Airbagwill said:

again avoiding the real issue..../Thailand needs a democracy and these people want that.

Democracy is a a handy label, that's for sure. Making it actually mean something  of value, a bit harder than that.

• Like 1

Just now, SwampyThai said:

I have noticed a few comments regarding a spike in Covid-19 will occur due to many of these protesters in close proximity not wearing a mask. How can this be? Thailand does not have Covid-19 or so we are led to believe. ????????

Yea, that why some people don't want to leave, in spite of not being able to get a visa.

57 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I was wondering if TVF, owned by Nation, would mention the protests at all. I guess they were grinding their teeth since it's now news.

Nice touch with the plaque. Let's see how long it is allowed to remain in place.

I think it unlikely that it was put there just to be walked away from by the people who put it there.

Let's see if any attempt at removal is "contested".

Difficult to imagine that it will not be.

And that means moving to the next level.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

World leaders have proven to.be spineless cowards while China laughed. I would have leveled your rat hole. These protesters have shown courage under fire. Yes Prayut should go. His achieved nothing. 

You can't keep rigging elections and standing over people. You never reformed the RTP..But you come out swinging for REBULLL. LOL Thai rules but you played dumb. You took money from the REDBULL for COVID and you are a funny man. Goodbye 

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Former Thai intelligence deputy chief says protest leaders will face legal action

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/former-thai-intelligence-deputy-chief-says-protest-leaders-will-face-legal-action/

Thailand’s Former National Intelligence Agency Deputy Director Nantiwat Samart said today (Sunday) that protest leaders are likely to face legal consequences arising from their roles during the rally at Sanam Luang during the weekend, and that those free on bail may have their bail revoked.

• Sad 3

Some posts have been removed and the posters have been banned, please see the following forum rule that is taken very seriously:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.