Zookeeper mauled by tiger in Pattaya

rooster59

Zookeeper mauled by tiger in Pattaya

119738915_1130495424014187_1714850327805988679_n.jpg

Image: Siamchonn News

A zookeeper suffered serious injuries after being mauled by a tiger at the Elephant Kingdom in Pattaya on Saturday.

Thitipong Makarom, 32, said he was tending to the three tigers at the park, as he does everyday, when one of the tigers suddenly pounced on him.

Thitipong was only saved after co-workers entered the cage and was able to pull him to safety. 

He suffered injuries to arms, legs and ear and was taken to hospital for further treatment. 

Thitiphong told reporters that he had never had any problems with the tigers before. 

Elephant Kingdom Pattaya has been closed since March because of a lack of tourists due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The incident is being investigated by animal welfare officials.

Source: Siamchonn News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-20

2 hours ago, essox essox said:

my pet cat used to turn on me from time to time.....he had his claws in me many times.....

Moral is they try protect themselves from any danger they can hear/smell or see

And now and again they are grumpy and wish to be left alone.....

• Like 2

Zookeepers have been attacked & killed by tigers for a very long time. These reports from John Aspinall's zoo in the UK:

"However, in 1980, he was forced to shoot two Siberian tigresses that killed two keepers at Howletts, and four years later a keeper was crushed to death by an Indian bull elephant in Port Lympne".

"In 1994, the head keeper at Howletts was killed by a Siberian tiger".

"In 1996, Aspinall won a high court case to maintain the controversial practice of keepers mingling with tigers, even though in May of that year, a boy was awarded £132,000 because his arm was ripped off by a chimpanzee at Port Lympne in 1989".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well .... there's always a first time.  Hope he fully recovers but never go in the tigers cage without your chair & whip

Reminds me of a few "cat houses" I've strayed into... but never a tigers cage.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It only takes for one Tiger to get out of the wrong side of the bed in the morning.

I think he got too casual with the Tigers,as nothing had happened before.

regards Worgeordie

The actual problem is that human start treating (wild) animals more and more as a human or see then as children.

With this losing the needed respect for nature. Then small error results in bad accidents like this or even worse.

They put the blame on the (wild) animal, forgetting it is the human who has to be blamed and did invade the hazardous danger space which one normally would stay out and far way from

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

'Domesticated' wild animals, raised in zoos die in the wild.

No they don't if properly introduced to their proper habitat. You don't just boot them out of the back of a truck in the middle of nowhere.

Plenty of documentaries about animals being released into the wild.

However , my point was that wild animals should not be taken from their natural habitat or bred in captivity in the first place just for humans to gawk at.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, trucking said:

Plenty of documentaries about animals being released into the wild.

And plenty of reports about why wild animals are not released into the wild because  many more cannot survive there now.

Edited by Hi Tea