The boys in the cave.

car720

Earlier this year I was at a talk given by Jason Mallinson (one of the British Divers involved in the rescue) on the Kendal Film Festival Tour. As well as being an interesting talk and slide presentation of this episode also it reflected the span of International co-operation and the extent the US Military were able to exert in making the rescue happen against the Thai authorities who were in a mixed state at what to do. The rescue of the smallest child was luckiness personified - Buddha must have been smiling down on him and his rescuers that day.

As this talk happened almost immediately before lockdown in the UK I'm not sure if it has been uploaded onto the Internet but if so it is well worth hearing the guy's blunt Yorkshire account of events, etc.

6 hours ago, moobie said:

Earlier this year I was at a talk given by Jason Mallinson (one of the British Divers involved in the rescue) on the Kendal Film Festival Tour. As well as being an interesting talk and slide presentation of this episode also it reflected the span of International co-operation and the extent the US Military were able to exert in making the rescue happen against the Thai authorities who were in a mixed state at what to do. The rescue of the smallest child was luckiness personified - Buddha must have been smiling down on him and his rescuers that day.

As this talk happened almost immediately before lockdown in the UK I'm not sure if it has been uploaded onto the Internet but if so it is well worth hearing the guy's blunt Yorkshire account of events, etc.

What did the U.S military do ?

I dont recall them having much involvement at all 

32 minutes ago, polpott said:

You obviously didn't see the American made documentary on the Discovery Channel shortly after the event. It was all about the Americans, other nationalities hardly got a mention.

Similar to WW2 movies made in Hollywood. All about the Americans. 555

Oh, and in case you haven't seen any Hollywood made Vietnam movies, America won that war too.

Did the whole USA military participate in the Vietnam war ?

From the historical documentaries that I have watched, I thought that Jonny Rambo won that war on his own, single handedly , with just a bit of help from a Vietnamese boy who spoke with an American accent 

• Haha 2