BANGKOK
ninjabkk

I can't get a volunteer visa already, right? 

I can't get a volunteer visa already, right?  If no amnesty extended next week, I have no choice but to return to home country...? 

You may be able to obtain embassy letter to obtain 30 extension. 

What is your passport country. USA is one country that provides the required letter online via email. 

Seriously you have had months do organize something like non o with annual extension based on volunteering using an agent ~ 50k. That process would maybe take couple of weeks. 

Depending on where you need fly it may be difficult to obtain flight.

I doubt it but if you hit the ground running tomorrow with an agent, you might be able to swing a medical visa 

• Haha 1

30-day extension if you can get an embassy letter.

Otherwise, shady, but fairly safe, 30 to 90 day "medical" extensions, at a price, using an agent.

In any case, it is time to hurry!

I believe you needed to lodge an application for a Volunteer visa by the 10th of september. So that time has now passed. 

I lodged my application for a Volunteer visa on 9th. Just got approved today. The 3 stamps take up 2 pages - cost THB 30k for 90 days, same same to extend for a year if required. Expensive yes, but the money was worth not having to stress about the uncertainty relating to the amnesty ending. 

7 minutes ago, G950 said:

I believe you needed to lodge an application for a Volunteer visa by the 10th of september. So that time has now passed. 

I lodged my application for a Volunteer visa on 9th. Just got approved today. The 3 stamps take up 2 pages - cost THB 30k for 90 days, same same to extend for a year if required. Expensive yes, but the money was worth not having to stress about the uncertainty relating to the amnesty ending. 

You're right there, B30,000 for 90 days.  Wow.

if already on non O (with or without amnesty on top) may still able to get volunteer - plenty of time right up to 26th as some offices have already announced 'special' weekend opening 😷

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, G950 said:

Lol man you got ripped off I just paid 40k for my volunteer and that is for a year visa and I didn’t apply until the 19th of September 

Edited by mikeyjj

Still possible with some agents, but it's more expensive because it now needs to be severely rushed.

Contact an agent that can assist you and rush to their offices...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

True but B60k for 15 month has a better ring to it.

That does have a better ring to it 😆

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

How much does this visa cost and do you pay it yourself or does the company you volunteer for pay?

They payed via agents. and probably will not do any volunteering at all.  The real price of volunteer visa is 1 900 but for 90 days at the immigration office.

• Thanks 1