I can't get a volunteer visa already, right? 

You may be able to obtain embassy letter to obtain 30 extension. 

What is your passport country. USA is one country that provides the required letter online via email. 

Seriously you have had months do organize something like non o with annual extension based on volunteering using an agent ~ 50k. That process would maybe take couple of weeks. 

Depending on where you need fly it may be difficult to obtain flight.

I believe you needed to lodge an application for a Volunteer visa by the 10th of september. So that time has now passed. 

I lodged my application for a Volunteer visa on 9th. Just got approved today. The 3 stamps take up 2 pages - cost THB 30k for 90 days, same same to extend for a year if required. Expensive yes, but the money was worth not having to stress about the uncertainty relating to the amnesty ending. 

7 minutes ago, G950 said:

I believe you needed to lodge an application for a Volunteer visa by the 10th of september. So that time has now passed. 

I lodged my application for a Volunteer visa on 9th. Just got approved today. The 3 stamps take up 2 pages - cost THB 30k for 90 days, same same to extend for a year if required. Expensive yes, but the money was worth not having to stress about the uncertainty relating to the amnesty ending. 

You're right there, B30,000 for 90 days.  Wow.

39 minutes ago, G950 said:

Lol man you got ripped off I just paid 40k for my volunteer and that is for a year visa and I didn’t apply until the 19th of September 

Edited by mikeyjj

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

How much does this visa cost and do you pay it yourself or does the company you volunteer for pay?

They payed via agents. and probably will not do any volunteering at all.  The real price of volunteer visa is 1 900 but for 90 days at the immigration office.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anandra said:

They payed via agents. and probably will not do any volunteering at all.  The real price of volunteer visa is 1 900 but for 90 days at the immigration office.

Oh, is that all. I thought I read somewhere 70k! These visa agents must be making a killing! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

True but B60k for 15 month has a better ring to it.

Yes previous poster already said that 30k is for 90 days visa, and same (30k) for 12 months extension (30+30=60k for 15 months). In my case agent offered 25k 3m visa + 35k 12m extension (25+35=60k same).

That was before the deadline Sep/10... after that agents (and their I/O partners in crime) upped the prices (30k+40k or more)... Thai Visa Centre texted me they are still receiving applications until tomorrow 22nd for 30+35k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

Yes previous poster already said that 30k is for 90 days visa, and same (30k) for 12 months extension (30+30=60k for 15 months). In my case agent offered 25k 3m visa + 35k 12m extension (25+35=60k same).

That was before the deadline Sep/10... after that agents (and their I/O partners in crime) upped the prices (30k+40k or more)... Thai Visa Centre texted me they are still receiving applications until tomorrow 22nd for 30+35k.

Are these 'volunteer visa' agents trusted? How could I contact them? I'd appreciate some information.

27 minutes ago, Kerouacaurus said:

Are these 'volunteer visa' agents trusted? How could I contact them? I'd appreciate some information.

Yes, several of my friends got visas from "Thai Visa Centre" in Bangkok (deadline tomorrow), and "TMT" in Phuket (deadline passed Friday)... Very easy just Google "Thai Visa Centre", or you can also see their advertise here on this forum, visa section... If I'm you, I'd contact them today.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, anandra said:

You are correct. I volunteered to give the agent 30k and that is all the volunteering being asked of or given.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, geworthomd said:

I was told by Immigration that a volunteer visa still needed a work permit and a work permit requires a B visa and cannot be done from an O visa.  May I ask for any comments, please?

They were wrong.

A non-o visa or extension of stay based upon volunteer work does not require a work permit in most cases and it can be issued with a non-o visa.

Today was the last day we were able to submission for 3-month non-o volunteer directly from amnesty.

Hopefully everyone has already sorted everything out.

We still can assist with yearly extensions if you had a non-immigrant, or yearly extension before you ended up on amnesty.

But you will lose this ability to apply directly for a 1 year extension from amnesty at the end of this week.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

It is so heartening to read about many foreigners who are willing to give up their time to volunteer to work unpaid for NGOs and registered charities.  The impoverished kids, endangered animals etc that you'll be helping will be so grateful.  I'm sure the mainstream Thai citizens will also love to hear about your unselfish efforts...... ????

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, simon43 said:

It is so heartening to read about many foreigners who are willing to give up their time to volunteer to work unpaid for NGOs and registered charities.  The impoverished kids, endangered animals etc that you'll be helping will be so grateful.  I'm sure the mainstream Thai citizens will also love to hear about your unselfish efforts...... ????

I'm sure quite a few of these volunteers would have been happier to pay something directly to the Thai governement in order to get the right to extend their stay in the country, being more comfortable with governmental redistribution of wealth than with obscure private sector initiatives, but were not given such an option...  ????