Non immigrant OA visa retirement wait or apply for Elite visa

I am a single guy with no children stuck outside of Thailand.  I have a non immigrant OA visa (retirement) and my re-entry permit expires mid February 2021.   

I would like to get back to Thailand this year before the UK winter starts.  I would be grateful for peoples views - should I hold on in the hope that the Thai Government will extend the groups of people being allowed to return to include people in my position.  Alternatively should I now start applying for an Elite Visa and try to get back that way - fortunately I can cover all of the various costs.  I would prefer to return on my existing visa but I will pay for the Elite Visa if it is the only way to get back to Thailand and my partner.  

Thank you in advance for all constructive contributions.  

• Thanks 1

If it really works out before February 2021 with your return to Thailand, you have to know that at the next extension of the visa O-A you have to prove a health insurance which covers 40000 Baht outpatient and 400000 Baht inpatient; furthermore this insurance has to cover exactly (!) the period of the visa. Some immigration offices require a Thai health insurance from a published list. The insurance company must issue a "Foreign Insurance Certificate".

If you already have another better foreign health insurance, the easiest way is to take out an additional health insurance with LMG - just to show the "Foreign Insurance Certificate" - because there you have the possibility to pay e.g. 11400 Baht for 1 year with a deductible of 200000 Baht and from 70 years on 11400 Baht, then everything is done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 3:15 AM, Rhacsyn said:

I have received an update from Thai longstay visa (1st October 2020) that people with existing valid retirement visas have now joined the list of permitted returnees to Thailand

Correct 

Yeah do not waste $ on Thailand Elite Visa. Elite cardholders who applied late August are still begging for their CoE today and being ignored. Out of hundreds locked out only a handful got a CoE. The Elite TEMQ process is a myth.

Edit: See this example

However, the reality is very few of us have been able to come home, and Elite are unable to tell us why.

Edit 2:

I think O-A and O-X from some countries are already being admitted. Being UK based I would try getting a CoE from the RTE London and see what they say: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Edited by KoreaElte
Found two relevant links

11 hours ago, KoreaElte said:

I think O-A and O-X from some countries are already being admitted. Being UK based I would try getting a CoE from the RTE London and see what they say: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

O-A and O-X have been added to the permitted types to apply for a COE at the London Embassy.

(As well as Elite cards).

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

O-A and O-X have been added to the permitted types to apply for a COE at the London Embassy.

(As well as Elite cards).

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

The Elite Cards thing is a myth. Even in London you will see the RTE fineprint will say they need to get special permissions from the MFA that have to be arrange from Thailand Privilege Card Co. Ltd first. The thing there is they do not process anything. People applied Late August and are being dicked around to this day. London, Ireland, anywhere in the world.

Link