Blood story

Aforek

Hello 

my Thai girl friend just  come from the hospital where she got a blood check to know her blood group ( 210 bahts, I thought that everything was

30 bahts for Thai people ) 

like her brother/ sisters , she is AB 

I have heard that in western countries, AB is rare ; how is it in Thailand ?  and she has no  rhesus ( + or - ) like in Europe ( for instance, I am A+ ),

just AB 

is it usual in Thailand that they don't give rhesus ( and, after all, is the rhesus important to know ) ? 

Thanks 

Almost all Thais ate RH -.

Had she been RH - they would certainly have mentioned it.

Abour 9% of the Thai population are AB.

Blood grouping would be free (or 30 baht) at the hospital where she is registeted under the scheme if ordered by a doctor. If she just requested it for her own reasons then not coveted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Almost all Thais ate RH -.

Had she been RH - they would certainly have mentioned it.

1 hour ago, PPMMUU said:

Almost all Thais are Rh positive

had she been Rh negative they would have mentioned it.

Which is it, then?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Generally its surprising in the west when you ask someone their blood group they don't know it

I'm not sure what mine is, I think it's O something but I really can't remember and neither can my parents, I've been meaning to get it 'typed' for years but never got around to it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

I'm not sure what mine is, I think it's O something but I really can't remember and neither can my parents, I've been meaning to get it 'typed' for years but never got around to it.

O is good apparently, have made a note for when I get my next 6 monthly blood check to ask for them to check what mine is, the reason I say that is because I read that a recent study found that symptomatic individuals with blood types B and AB who were Rh positive were more likely to test positive for COVID-19, while those with blood type O were less likely to test positive.