Hundreds of thousands have been given Chinese COVID-19 vaccines without a single infection

Don Chance

Hundreds of thousands of people have been given two Chinese COVID-19 vaccine candidates as part of an emergency program, without a single case of infection or adverse effects, a senior official of a state-owned vaccine developer has said.

The two vaccines, developed by China National Biotec Group (CNBG), are expected to enter the market as soon as this December, and two shots will cost less than 1,000 yuan (about 146 U.S. dollars), said Zhou Song, the company's general legal counsel.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-09-11/Hundreds-of-thousands-have-been-given-Chinese-COVID-19-vaccines-THnoo6BcFG/index.html

I'll bet Thailand will get the vaccine before western countries. Maybe arrive, get tested then get the vaccine shot and quarantine for only 7 days.

The Thai government should negotiate with China to get some of these experimental vaccines and then offer anyone any special visa to enter Thailand if they are willing to be injected with these vaccines at their embassies around the world.

No need for any quarantine or charter flights. Just pay for the vaccines and a special visa.

• Sad 3

44 minutes ago, Selatan said:

The Thai government should negotiate with China to get some of these experimental vaccines and then offer anyone any special visa to enter Thailand if they are willing to be injected with these vaccines at their embassies around the world.

No need for any quarantine or charter flights. Just pay for the vaccines and a special visa.

It is highly unlikely the embassies would be involved with storing and administering vaccines.

I guess in the end they'll require a proof of vaccination with an approved vaccine,  but this is months away at best.  However if the vaccines are generally available in China in the coming months, the Thais can open the border for vaccinated Chinese, which would be good for the tourism.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Great plan. Create a virus, infect some of your own people, export the disease, destroy the world's economies other than your own, make countries shut down and then offer them a cure to rescue themselves at a high price - you know they wont give us the cure for free like their plague.

Course, I could just be cynical thinking the ones that created it are making the most of it 

Your post doesn't make much sense. This is not the way biological warfare is done.  It would be much better to covertly spread the virus in another country and blame that country later, not to infect its own citizens and lock down its own country first . Looks like the virus easily can survive long haul flights, and can be transported in the check-in baggage.

• Like 1

"I'll bet Thailand will get the vaccine before western countries. Maybe arrive, get tested then get the vaccine shot and quarantine for only 7 days.'

If the Thais get the vaccines their first priority would be their own citizens, not foreigners. And some vaccines require 2 shots, so only 7 days quarantine may not be enough. 

13 minutes ago, gearbox said:

"I'll bet Thailand will get the vaccine before western countries. Maybe arrive, get tested then get the vaccine shot and quarantine for only 7 days.'

If the Thais get the vaccines their first priority would be their own citizens, not foreigners. And some vaccines require 2 shots, so only 7 days quarantine may not be enough. 

Good point. They might get vaccination for their own population. 1.6 billion vaccines will take years to manufacture, i think. Then again for $150 they will probably offer it on alibaba.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Haha 1

Here's the thing. The Chinese are going to have the first vaccine because they had a headstart and they're using the traditional method of taking a 'live' virus and inactivating it. But the problem is doing it that way makes it extremely difficult to mass produce. Western scientists, on the other hand, are using state-of-the-art methods to create a vaccine that will be easier to mass produce so it may be ready a few months later but more people in the world will end up getting it.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Your post doesn't make much sense. This is not the way biological warfare is done.  It would be much better to covertly spread the virus in another country and blame that country later, not to infect its own citizens and lock down its own country first . Looks like the virus easily can survive long haul flights, and can be transported in the check-in baggage.

Really ? think about it. Saying a bat virus came from a market next door to a bat virus research centre is a great double bluff. I mean who would believe the Chinese would spread a bat virus from a market near the bat research centre and not abroad as you say ? 

• Like 1

Now consider this, vaccines are coming one way or another, there will be little chance of dodging that. Now, what happens when different countries enrich different manufacturers and use different vaccines?

It may be that regardless of what vaccine your country uses another country will require you to get theirs before entry. Lets see how those cocktails affect people health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rancid said:

Now consider this, vaccines are coming one way or another, there will be little chance of dodging that. Now, what happens when different countries enrich different manufacturers and use different vaccines?

It may be that regardless of what vaccine your country uses another country will require you to get theirs before entry. Lets see how those cocktails affect people health.

I think Thailand will announce soon that people who have had the vaccine (with proof) are allowed into Thailand without quarantine. Which will mean a flood of Chinese tourists.

The next step will be that tourists would fly to a city in China, then get the vaccine. They won't need quarantine because locals will have been vaccinated already. So after 7 days, they will be allowed to continue on to Thailand or other countries that allow vaccinated travelers to enter.

Assuming of course that the vaccine is over 70 effective.

17 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I don't need a vaccine for a virus that really isn't up to much.  

Don't go upsetting the masses by not joining in the "fear" vaccine will save you! your immune system is useless, testing isn't flawed!

Oh and by the way the world is now neo Marxist - "technocracy" is all being!  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, gearbox said:

It is highly unlikely the embassies would be involved with storing and administering vaccines.

I guess in the end they'll require a proof of vaccination with an approved vaccine,  but this is months away at best.  However if the vaccines are generally available in China in the coming months, the Thais can open the border for vaccinated Chinese, which would be good for the tourism.

Yes, I agree that the general availability of an approved vaccine for ordinary Chinese citizens may be at least 4 months from now (expected November approval, production, vaccination period etc.) Not sure if Thailand could afford to wait at least until February next year to welcome the first batch of vaccinated Chinese tourists, so some kind of a temporary plan must be implemented.

I doubt China would allow its citizens to go visit Thailand this year because China has switched mode to concentrate more on boosting internal consumption.

China preparing for travel boom during October’s National Day

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

I think Thailand will announce soon that people who have had the vaccine (with proof) are allowed into Thailand without quarantine. Which will mean a flood of Chinese tourists.

The next step will be that tourists would fly to a city in China, then get the vaccine. They won't need quarantine because locals will have been vaccinated already. So after 7 days, they will be allowed to continue on to Thailand or other countries that allow vaccinated travelers to enter.

Assuming of course that the vaccine is over 70 effective.

Vaccination tourism would be great. Have a small beautiful city such as Guilin fully vaccinated and then accept foreign tourists that are willing to go for vaccination to enter but prohibited to leave the city unless flying out of the country.

I'm willing to go on such a tour instead of waiting up to two years to get vaccinated.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2020 at 2:41 AM, gearbox said:

There is an international vaccination booklet for this already

On 9/23/2020 at 11:32 PM, mommysboy said:

There wouldn't be an infection would there?... but this is because China is nearly covid free-  no virus = no possibility of infection.

The tests were run in the PI, Indonesia and the Middle East for that very reason.

• Like 1

and you believe it because ???   it's published by  China Global Television Network or CGTN, a pioneer of media convergence in China and owned by Chinese government.... a vaccine from China/made in China? even if it's free, no thanks

• Like 1

Vaccines, vaccines, vaccines, they have shut the world down for a virus that kills predominantly the elderly, yet over 90% of those who get infected show no symptoms or very little symptoms, and yet a recent worldwide study on Hydroxychloroquine showed that if given in the early stages it had a 73.9% success rate, yet we only here of vaccines, vaccines, vaccines, guess there is a hell of a lot more money in vaccines to be made than Hydroxy.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

There is an international vaccination booklet for this already

Too easy to forge. The hysteria over this virus is such that I predict there’ll be a sticker on a page of our passports incorporating a hologram, similar to some modern style visas.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

and you believe it because ???   it's published by  China Global Television Network or CGTN, a pioneer of media convergence in China and owned by Chinese government.... a vaccine from China/made in China? even if it's free, no thanks

Exactly my thought. Believing official Chinese news media is like believing a Trump tweet.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 5:17 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

The tests were run in the PI, Indonesia and the Middle East for that very reason.

But having checked, I don't think the vaccines in development are expected to prevent infection, but rather to avoid the virus causing illness, and effectiveness for the flu vaccine ranges from 50-80%.  I think any claim, if there was one, has to be taken with a pinch of salt.