Six Thai returnees test positive for Covid-19

webfact

Six Thai returnees test positive for Covid-19

By The Nation

800_d8c09c5394c8a22.jpg?v=1600578532

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported six new cases over a 24-hour period on Sunday (September 20).

Two of the returnees -- an eight-year-old student and a 35-year-old woman -- had flown back from Saudi Arabia on September 5 and tested positive on September 17 at Bangkok’s state quarantine facility.

A 38-year-old male freelancer returned from Kuwait on September 13 and tested positive on September 28 at the Chonburi state quarantine facility.

Three returnees -- two 21-year-old women and a 22-year-old man -- had travelled from Morocco on September 18 and were found positive during the screening process at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Meanwhile, two patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand increased to 3,506 (568 in state quarantine), of whom 107 are in hospital, 3,340 have recovered and been discharged and 59 have died.

According to Worldometer, as of 10 am on Sunday, the total number of confirmed cases increased to 30.98 million (increasing by 291,160 over a 24-hour period), 22.5 million have recovered, 61,392 are in serious condition and 961,337 have died.

Thailand ranks 132nd for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 6.96 million, followed by India 5.39 million, Brazil 4.52 million, Russia 1.09 million and Peru 762,865.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394836

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-21

2 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Still makes no sense you have Thai's abroad that aren't getting tested before they depart. 

Simply astonishingly crazy.

If they get a test and are positive, at least they can take a later flight when they are recovered and not risk infecting others. 

I dont understand this either maybe the airplane is infected 

4 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Still makes no sense you have Thai's abroad that aren't getting tested before they depart. 

If they get a test and are positive, at least they can take a later flight when they are recovered and not risk infecting others. 

they might infect people that were tested .... so good business for the connected hospitals

but again, TIT

where common sense does not exist

4 hours ago, Crusader said:

Quite a few Thai returnees have tested positive, but it is kept rather low-key.  One foreigner tests positive and it's on every news channel.

On the contrary, every day there is a news release detailing Thai returnees who tested positive.

Such as this one, which is about Thais.

• Thanks 1

Could all of this have started as a problem, that was created to get a reaction, so they could provide the solution.

Lockdowns worldwide, fact, controlled we are, the question is, will we ever get out of the controlled lockdowns, and at what price will we have to sacrifice ?

I saw an interesting Youtube video by a very smart MD who exposed the "fraudulent science" behind Covid-19, a little long in the tooth but for someone with his background and expertise, he puts 1 and 1 together to expose how "they" manipulate Covid-19 to create fear, "the reaction".

For those interested in facts, look up ZERO Evidence that COVID Fulfills Koch's 4 Germ Theory Postulates - Dr. Andrew Kaufman & Sayer Ji, on YouTube, it's definitely an eye opener, no conspiracy theory here, just facts by a leader in his field of expertise.

Edited by 4MyEgo

how are all these returnees testing positive? They are supposed to have been tested, and results shown as negative, prior to departure from whichever country they were in. They are then tested at the airport upon arrival, and again testing negative. So how is that once in quarantine they suddenly test positive? IMHO it doesn't say much for the testing protocols that Thailand is using. Perhaps they should start using the more accurate system being used in the UK & Japan, viz. saliva testing only. It has been proven to be far more accurate in it's results than taking nasal swabs and throat swabs AND not invasive at all.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Crusader said:

Quite a few Thai returnees have tested positive, but it is kept rather low-key.  One foreigner tests positive and it's on every news channel.

Will be interesting to see if they will report all cases in respect of the planned tourist arrivals. 

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I was shocked to discover at the airport, that despite the hoops I had to jump through to get on the flight. I would be riding back with Thais that hadn't even been tested.

Id  would have sat on the plane and coughed the entire  flight

11 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I was shocked to discover at the airport, that despite the hoops I had to jump through to get on the flight. I would be riding back with Thais that hadn't even been tested.

Rip ..

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I get the feeling Thailand is going to start flying covid diagnosed people to other countries on private planes and back again, just to quarantine them on arrival and declare them imported cases

No. Very doubtful.

14 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Please don't confuse the brains trust with logic.... 

21 minutes ago, Deserted said:

What about all those foreigners that come to Thailand and go back home with AIDS? Spare a thought for all those poor randy devils. Covid-19 is a drop in the ocean compared to what's going around in the world's largest knocking shop.

That's a rather bold statement--where is your hard evidence for making such a statement.

18 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

It's not that astonishing, farangs having to do your test 72 hours before flight ( friday morning normally ) total control is lost, you're allowed to carry on life as normal and go where you want without any restrictions until the flight friday night so really.........what's the point.

The purpose of the 2 week quarantine is to catch the + cases, it's being proved that it works.

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

When you repatriated to your own country, did you have to test?

When i flew out to UK June, i did not......

To be expected really.