Health authorities urge 14-day self-quarantine with precautions by rally participants

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

and avoid close contact with the elderly and people with medical conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure, since this group suffer severe symptoms if they get infected with even the risk of death.

So, in effect, if we protect the above mentioned vulnerable people, who are at risk of any virus due to age or pre-existing conditions anyway, the rest should be able to get back to "normal normal" ?

I would call that common sense, rather than excellent management of CV-19 by Thailand. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Funny how this advice was not put-out when they decided to lift the gathering on mass transit rail systems or public transportation.

I wonder if next month they will give free advice after Loy Krathong?

And social distancing was eliminated. Now ride BTS face-to-face, shoulder-to-shoulder with other riders. Oh, and Please refrain from talking as that spreads water droplets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

So, in effect, if we protect the above mentioned vulnerable people, who are at risk of any virus due to age or pre-existing conditions anyway, the rest should be able to get back to "normal normal" ?

I would call that common sense, rather than excellent management of CV-19 by Thailand. 

I could not agree more.

I hope the good Dr also asks the police who were there to follow the same procedures and self quarantine for 14 days. Last thing we need is police out and about doing their duties and infecting the rest of us. I mean that is the implication the Dr. is making that people who attended the rally and the police,(all 2000 of them), did ,in their role of maintaining orderliness and security, attend the rally. 

14 days sick for the rozzers to self quarantine?  

BTW notice how the narrative is now shifting from 14 days self isolation to prevent covid 19, to 14 days self isolation to prevent any disease. Subtle but telling, almost like being under house arrest. Sorry to cynical for a Monday morning I know. Have a good week ya all. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elkski said:

Your going on block.  Your such a crony and a bunch more words I can't post here.

You think the crowded  BTS is safer than an open air protest  where most wore masks.  That logic is so typical of you. So its ok to promote air travel and Staycation deals for thai but they can't protest?  

so typical ...