Government panel pushes Bt1.2-trillion transport mega-projects

webfact

Government panel pushes Bt1.2-trillion transport mega-projects

By The Nation

800_0a002f257854a2c6e2de88a5938716e4.jpg

File photo for reference only

The government's subcommittee tasked with examining medium and long-term economic measures has reportedly suggested expediting mega-projects to the Centre for Economic Situation Administration.

The total value of the projects is estimated at around Bt1.2 trillion. Investment in these projects should be accerelated, the panel has recommended.

Among them are the Bang Sue-Rangsit and Bang Sue-Taling Chan Red Line mass-transit system worth Bt1.07 billion. The project is slated to be trialled on July 1, 2021.

Another project is the Phase-1 Thailand-China high-speed train project. All its civil work contracts are expected to be signed next year and construction is expected to be finished in 2025.

Another one is the Kae Rai-Lam Sali Brown Line mass-transit system costing Bt48.5 billion. Construction will begin in 2024 with operations commencing in 2027.

They also include the Phase-1 Phuket mass-transit system worth Bt35.2 billion, the Red Line mass-transit system in Chiang Mai worth Bt27.3 billion, and Phase 3 of the Laem Chabang deep seaport development worth Bt114 billion.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30394818

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-21

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:

So is the goal to totally bankrupt Thailand before you get run out of office and flee to another country ??

how about putting a little money toward feeding those who can no longer feed themselves instead of buying high speed rail from China.

china s high speed trains are not safe,i have seen a sign in it that says

this train can go up to 400 km an hour but we only go 299 km an hour because it might go off the rail

like everything from china cheap copies from the real thing

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Shurely shome mishtake?

Three years ago:

Arkhom said a total of 13 construction contracts for the Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route would be open for bidding in 2018 so that construction could be completed and the system become operational in 2021.

Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route is well underway.... December 2019

IMG_20191230_141508.jpg

IMG_20191226_123034.jpg

IMG_20191230_141633.jpg

IMG_20191230_145424.jpg

IMG_20191230_140232.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route is well underway.... December 2019

Thanks for posting the photos.

Is the railway going to be overhead all the way then?

Would you happen to know how much is completed, and how much track has been laid?

I'm so sceptical about it.

"All its civil work contracts are expected to be signed next year and construction is expected to be finished in 2025."

No contracts have even been signed. How come construction appears to be going ahead from your photos?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

I think the money is available via the foreign currency holdings. If these projects get started, it will provide employment and in the long term will be of greater benefit to the country. Like anywhere else though, the longer it is put off, the cost increases. 

Yes the foreign currency surplus 

in the vicinity of 237 billion US$'S.  Just 10% of that could feed the entire country for a year and forgo PEA bills at the same time plus supply all the cooking gas for free and allow free travel on public transport. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Guess which train is the Thai train:)train_0.jpeg.b3cb6c431d67f05bcbb48cc36abd05b3.jpeg

The old knacker is the Thai train but the Malaysian one is Chinese and it's tinny.......  I wouldn't buy a Chinese toaster !    I was working for Malaysian railways last year.........  I might also add that Thai trains are not allowed on Malaysian lines...........  You change trains here from a Thai train to the Malaysian one for the journey into Malaysia...... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Surasak said:

I think the money is available via the foreign currency holdings. If these projects get started, it will provide employment and in the long term will be of greater benefit to the country. Like anywhere else though, the longer it is put off, the cost increases. 

You would have a fair point were it not for the fact that approximately 30% of the budget will go directly into the pockets of the circus masters.

• Like 2