Government panel pushes Bt1.2-trillion transport mega-projects

webfact

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

You need to come up to date, NEW rolling stock was introduced in Nov 2016.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

You need to come up to date, NEW rolling stock was introduced in Nov 2016.

I was working for Malaysian railways last year, i took many photos of that very Thai Loco and posted them on Thai visa and facebook.....  There are a few Thai reconditioned locos and carriages..... 

9 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I was working for Malaysian railways last year, i took many photos of that very Thai Loco and posted them on Thai visa and facebook.....  There are a few Thai reconditioned locos and carriages..... 

I traveled on the Hat Yai shuttle Feb 5th this year, and not for the first time, well aware of what it is like.

Also traveled on the new rolling stock several times, both first and second class, since they were introduced in 2016. Brand new and Chinese built with wifi throughout and video screens displaying various travel information.

A significant improvement in comfort compared to the older rolling stock, you ought to try them. 

Laos is about to fall into the Chinese debt trap:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/18893/opinion-thailand-took-two-and-a-half-years-to-build-3-5-km-of-high-speed-rail-it-might-not-be-a-bad-thing/

The Diplomat also said that Laos’s reserve is now down to $864 million as of June which is not enough to meet its debt obligations of at least $1 billion per year. Its sovereign debt has reached $12.6 billion or 65 per cent of the GDP, they added.

China is now Laos’s biggest creditor and the country is facing default while Cambodia could be next.

Slowly they are snaring SEA. Thailand is next on the line. And then this happens...

Laos is offering five of its potash mines as collateral so hopefully, they would not lose those natural resources, but the signs are not looking good.

Never, ever make make a deal with the commies. Never.

• Like 1

While my grasp of economics is not brilliant, I do understand that infrastructure projects are a common way to kickstart economic growth. Poor people get employed in their construction and goods are delivered faster. Not sure if anyone here can comment.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 8:50 AM, hotchilli said:

While people sit on the sidewalks begging for food this is their master plan?

How out of touch can they be.

Oh they are fully aware of what the situation is.

They just don't care, and want to make as much money as they can while they can.

• Like 2