New grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19

webfact

3 hours ago, lanng khao said:

After the quarantine was over I'd be going straight to my house in korat for 9 months.

I live Korat bye bye , so many deals on Air b & b in Thailand Im going on Tour 1 to 2 months each place , So many deals on ABB 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

I can't see this appealing much to genuine wealthy tourists.  However, it sounds pretty good for mafia types and boiler room operatives.

yes 14 days of operating your own call center scam to recover the costs. Sounds promising.  

Breaking news, 10 foreigners arrested for conducting a call center scam from 10 connected rooms in ASQ.  Hundreds of SIM cards found.  

Deep Sarcasm

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Farang said:

Tempting.   Need to waive the hotel quarantine fee as Thais don't have to pay and id be interested.   Not paying 14 days to stay in a high priced prison.  If I have to pay for the Thai travel agency, the plane ticket, the covid tests, the expensive hotel/prison, and insurance I am not sure how that is a tempting holiday.

You forgot the prepaid place of stay after lock up. 9 months ?

1 minute ago, DPKANKAN said:

One of my friends got back to town last week. Works offshore and eventually his company got him on a repatriation flight from UK to here. Quarantine hotel cost was 50,000 baht per week charge.

Ridiculous charging scamming costs!!????????????????????????????????

plus the testing which cost another bht 10k...and if they did not get enough money, they can force you another week quarantine  .In US dollars, you are looking $10k to get out of quarantine and that is not having a honey next to you.

a total scam --once they got you prepare to spend more money.

MyThai friend who was quarantine last month in Bangkok spend Bht100k before she went to Chiang MAi wher she lived.

For a farang, the Thai eyes don't look like the smiling eyes but full of dollar signS

UNless you are a dreamer and rich, go ahead and buy yourself a prison cell for 21 days and pay for it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Funny how Thailand had a two year crackdown on over due visa's and ramped up the bad falang bologna before the lockdowns = saved trapping so many ... this lockdown in Thailand will only make the rich richer buying up hotels and businesses on the cheap ... seems corona was designed for such and more ... Thailand has survived 2563 + year's and will survive these times ... 14 day quarantine is nonstarter ...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I think it's going to be a success, with chartered planeloads of Chinese investors coming down to buy up condos, sign contracts to import Thai produce, and get great deals on distressed businesses.

Genuine tourists?  Not the way it's structured.

I doubt if the Chinese will come. I think they usually book through Chinese agents.

To apply for the STV, tourists must first contact a licensed Thai travel agency, and make travel arrangements including booking a flight, a place for quarantine, and a hotel or apartment to stay at after completing their quarantine. Before flying to Thailand, they must also pass a COVID-19 test.

• Like 2

Some inflammatory posts and replies have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1