New grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is preparing to welcome back foreign tourists – at least, those with deep pockets – from next month, with a strategy that seeks to restore its battered tourism sector without ruining its impressive COVID-19 record.

Some European countries opened up their borders & allowed travel, now they are enjoying a new spike in Covid.. good luck Thailand, don't expect to hold onto your impressive record much longer.

18 minutes ago, cmrichsw said:

Big Hotel travel promotion going on this weekend at Central Festival Chiang Mai. Should be lots of local tourists coming by the looks of the people signing up at the lower floor area on Sunday 9/20/20 Central Festival was packed on the rainy weekend.

Koh Samui was the promotion 

5 minutes ago, verticalift said:

And so the question still remains...... What about those of us who are not tourists, but who live in Thailand and who have built our homes there...???

Employed as a pilot based overseas, i have “lived” in Phuket for over the past 20+ yrs while not at work overseas. Unfortunately, I remain stuck in Abu Dhabi, unable to return to the home that I built for my upcoming retirement. 

I have my name on the Tambian Baan Yellow Book, Thai ID Pink Card and a Non-Imm 10 yr O-X Retirement Visa.

It’s unfortunate that the main focus is on the “Tourist” sector and not the foreign expat population that have invested heavily in Thailand, making it our permanent home. 

Issued with a Non-Imm 10yr O-X Retirement Visa in Oct 2019, why would I be required to get a so call Special “Tourist“ Visa that is only good for 9 months...? For those of us who have our homes in Thailand, what are we suppose to do and where are we suppose to go after 9 months...???

Unfortunately the retiree who invested are considered chopped liver!

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Haha 2

Will never work... 1 aircraft per week ? Cases are rising everywhere. Recovery will take 3-5 years. What’s lost is lost. Travel World has changed and will continue to do so. What they could do is open up countries like taiwan, Vietnam, HK were cases are low. If thailand opens up the cases will rise. Just delaying the facts. Same what’s happening to Europe now with second wave starting 

• Like 1

favoured countries totally banal!china ha ha you cant believe a word they say ask taiwan  hk or the uighers.its absurd.if you test neg then your good to fly.as for the other scams,ditch the insurance and the expensive hotels.there so many empty hotels in this country this is easy,what is the problem here?thais dont test coming in so can infect the whole plane duuuuur.its the usual stupid,greed ,racist nonsense,tidy up your act and get on with it

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is now busy preparing “14 days of fun” programmes to help international tourists enjoy themselves during quarantine.

Cant wait to know how they manage this one! Going to be really great idea! TAT idea's has been always so wonderful.

14 day's of fun in ASQ room, whitout alcohol or company. New minesweeper now! Only possible in Thailand's ASQ hotel's. COME AND feel excitement! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davo369 said:

Those with deep pockets....... 

I've got £150 in my left front pocket, I've got £250 in my right front pocket, 

I've got £350 in my left back pocket, and I've got £450 in my right back pocket............. 

WHAT HAVE I GOT........... Someone else's trousers on 

what ABOUT YOUR VISA DEBIT CARD.......i suppose you have one......

So thais are enjoying hotels at what 10% or 25% of regular cost but these quarantine hotels are going to be 5000-7000 baht a night?  And you have to book through some Thai travel agencies who have agreed to pass the browns  around. 

Do yiu also have to book your stay after the 14 days  through these travel agents.  

Not going to work Bangkok boys.   Yiu lucky guys there now.  Enjoy the low cost everything without crowds or competition.   It must be sweet.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thed said:

if the Thai Bath would get better exchange rate, expats here may travel around more

But everything is expensive for most of pensioners now

No Thed, it needs the GBP or USD to get a better exchange rate, and it does depend on the origin and size of your pension as to how expensive things are, it's all relative.

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I doubt if the Chinese will come. I think they usually book through Chinese agents.

Apparently a significant number of Chinese people are struggling with their condo payments here !

• Like 1