New grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19

webfact

7 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

What, no slagging off of the Germans and Americans?  Or are they all queued up just itching to try out this new program by the boys at TAT.

Very few Americans come here these days but you are correct about the small town Americans with parochial views whose idea of fun is visiting a mall and find WS den of inequity. They moan because Thailand is not like the USA. I dont know why you have problems with Germans.

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Ugly American 2 said:

Disgusting Crooks and Thief's ! Much nicer places to travel to! Dirty smelly beaches and dirty smelly cities!  Too many cars and motorcycles and taxis !

You couldn't pay me enough to come back!

What a relief 555. For some reason I doubt you will be missed!

4 minutes ago, Nout said:

Very few Americans come here these days but you are correct about the small town Americans with parochial views whose idea of fun is visiting a mall and find WS den of inequity. They moan because Thailand is not like the USA. I dont know why you have problems with Germans.

Actually if you read my post I never mentioned anything about small town Americans.  That was all you.  They type of American you do describe is hardly the type that travels to Thailand.  I don't have a problem with Germans again that is you fabricating more nonsense.  I guess reading comprehension isn't in your skill set.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Some serious competition coming up shortly, by people who DO have a clue.
https://vietnaminsider.vn/vietnam-to-resume-commercial-flights-to-thailand/

VIETNAM WANTS.jpg

"The only foreigners allowed now are those with diplomatic and official passports, experts, managers, high-skilled workers, and investors, their family members, international students, and family members of Vietnamese citizens."

• Like 1

300 tourists a week won't even replace those of us who are having to leave for family, business (or visa - 26/09) reasons. I have to leave next month due to business and family reasons. On a retirement extension valid to 4th May 2021 I wonder if I will even be permitted to re-enter before my extension of stay expires.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Very few Americans go anywhere these days but in normal times it is 18% of the visitors and fairly high spending.

I am still here, never left, and spend considerably more now than I would have if I came as a tourist from the USA.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Sjeer nonesense ! 

I have a condo I Bbk,  why do I have to pay 14 days to be e jailed somewhere ?  

Why 14 days when most countries are reducing to 7, if any quarantine at all ?  Is the test prior and upon arrival not enough ?  

What level of 'tourist' services the 'lucky ones' will find after being released from 'jail'? 

Long term stayers ?  Who are they ?  A good tourist is one that spends a lot in a minimum period of time.  

Long stay travellers are typically not the biggest spenders.  It won't help much, if at all. 

Like I said,  poopy cock nonesense ! 

Bravo Thailand !  

Thailand can have all the plan they want, the point is nobody are traveling and have to 14 days quarantine, keep what you already have in the country, no outsider are planning a tourist in Thailand, the world are in a mess right now

9 hours ago, farang51 said:

I am definitely interested. It depends on the details and prices and the available quarantine hotels in Phuket. And, if they will allow people from my country.

We are interested as well. Wanting to get back to our house in Phuket. Just had an email from the resort so hopefully they might know more info in the near future. 

Will not work... !

Borders must be wide open for tourists from low Chinese Virus areas.

Initiate electronic monitoring of each tourist and set up testing centers.

Enforce daily testing of each tourists and introduce heavy penalty for non compliance.        

• Haha 1

This is just too expensive. C'mon Thailand. You can do better.

And what happens to the people who have been in the country for this whole time, contributing to the economy, and being the only foreign patrons in Thai businesses? You're basically saying if we travel anywhere else, for whatever reason ... we can't come back without spending a fortune. Please please do something for people like us. We have homes and are settled here, but would like to have an option to travel without losing our homes.

I haven't seen any mention of options for this scenario.

• Like 1

Again, I can do the 14 days, but there are no flights other than the charters. I have two months to spend money in Thailand, but I need to know I can return on a specific date and not get stuck.

Now they say I need to use a Thai travel agent? How does that help me? Their commissions just drive up the prices. 

My vacation is at the end of December...guess I'll just wait for the "plan" at that time and see if it is feasible. What a joke.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, alianware said:

Sad to know that thailand is a country of smile only for those deep pockets. Most of the ASQ hotels they offer are between 40000 - 80000 for 14 nights with only one breakfast. Farang who make long stay holiday have money but not prioritize luxus hotel. That money they could use for shopping or good food. I feel sorry for people who are beeing discriminate through this one side regulation. 

Really? The one am currently in, provides me with 3 meals a day included in the price.

You have 3 choices for for each mealtime, not too bad actually.

If you need more food than that, you can order from the hotel out of own pocket on top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1) 300 tourists every week is not a tourist industry opening for giving back to Thai people employment and to  hotels a chance to survive, it is a scam a blackmail extract money from desparate people who wants to return to their home in Thailand their Thai family and children.....and for the big money bafallo who miss the Teelak. 

2) 300 tourists every week would hardly keep a medium hotel open. 

Everything else in Phuket that is related to tourists from abroad and the tourist industry will just don't open because the numbers are not there. 

So the experience of Phuket generally this season will be same as an after apocalypse bombarded city. 

The only thing that is left for tourists is a 5star hotel and a beautiful beach.....but the world is full of 5star hotels and beattiful beaches without the ridiculous overcharged quarantine exc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray666 said:

They should drop the 14 day in an expensive jail/Hotel. They have the test before you fly and when you arrive.

Its a con

That would render the previous lockdown largely pointless, as you would have a huge number of cases slip through with such lax measures.

People seem to be thinking the gov wants to restart tourism on a mass scale. They don't, as that can't be done safely. That it's unappealing to many is perfectly fine, as they want to ramp up the numbers gradually, to work out the kinks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NatureFilm said:

What is about retired person with 1 year retirement visa? My  1 year retirement visa expires 18th Dec. and I want return to my house before. If they want attract tourists for 30 days, it must be possible for 1 year visa holder as well! Is there some regulation?

i think your visa is still valid it would be ok to return and renew before the 18th dec, i do not know what requirements you would need on entry . i would call the thai consulate and ask .