New grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19

webfact

3 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

i think your visa is still valid it would be ok to return and renew before the 18th dec, i do not know what requirements you would need on entry . i would call the thai consulate and ask .   

provided you had a re entry stamp if not the visa is gone 

I can’t see how this is going to work it says that you have to come from a country that has no new cases for 2 months well that rules most of Europe out as we have new cases.Most of the Long stay tourists are Europeans.And who is going to want to be locked up in a Hotel for two weeks at inflated prices like a prisoner.A lot of people on long stay have condos to stay in why not isolate at home.Surely this makes more sense.

6 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

I live Korat bye bye , so many deals on Air b & b in Thailand Im going on Tour 1 to 2 months each place , So many deals on ABB 

If you have to book the accommodation through the designated Thai travel agencies, I have a feeling AirBnb will not be an option. And there are some really good offers on there right now.

8 hours ago, alianware said:

Sad to know that thailand is a country of smile only for those deep pockets. Most of the ASQ hotels they offer are between 40000 - 80000 for 14 nights with only one breakfast. Farang who make long stay holiday have money but not prioritize luxus hotel. That money they could use for shopping or good food. I feel sorry for people who are beeing discriminate through this one side regulation. 

What is really behind thai smiles 

Let it be known

• Like 1

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Grand plan, ???? load of cobblers aint gonna happen.

Tourism went of the boil here before covid, come up with all the crazy ideas they want, tourists are not coming back anytime soon.

yes, why would tourist come to the country where you will have to deal with racism?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Polang said:

1) 300 tourists every week is not a tourist industry opening for giving back to Thai people employment and to  hotels a chance to survive, it is a scam a blackmail extract money from desparate people who wants to return to their home in Thailand their Thai family and children.....and for the big money bafallo who miss the Teelak. 

2) 300 tourists every week would hardly keep a medium hotel open. 

Everything else in Phuket that is related to tourists from abroad and the tourist industry will just don't open because the numbers are not there. 

So the experience of Phuket generally this season will be same as an after apocalypse bombarded city. 

The only thing that is left for tourists is a 5star hotel and a beautiful beach.....but the world is full of 5star hotels and beattiful beaches without the ridiculous overcharged quarantine exc. 

I reckon they would be stretching it to get 30/mth.

Phuket is dead! Lucky if you see a handful of Farangs about the place in the morning.

It will be interesting to see the total costings when this project is up and running. The ASQ hotels we already know will cost from 30k up to 150k Baht for the privilege of being in isolation for fifteen days. The tests, visa and FtF documentation pre-flight, perhaps 10-15k Baht. The deal-breaker, I suspect, will be the cost of the compulsory charter flight; I don't expect that these will cost less than 40-50k return from Europe or the US, perhaps a lot more; Australia, because it's to all intents and purposes closed for the foreseeable future, and NZ, because there simply won't be enough punters, are non-starters; that essentially leaves Japan, which because of their work ethic may only supply a few hundred, and China, whose government is actively discouraging overseas travel.

I don't see this working at all.  

14 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Wouldn't this be a great time to rip down all the old power lines and comms cables and put then under ground while the streets are deserted, sorry, forward thinking, I'll give my self a slap and have another beer.

No your inside common sense voice came outside and was very correct.

It used to be that if you spent more than 180 days a year inside Thailand, unless you are over 55, you must be working and pay tax. It happened to me. They would not let me check in at the airport. I hope that things have changed. But it will be interesting for these long term tourists if it hasn't. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

First things first how much are you paying me to come with these ridiculous caveats two weeks incasuration and isolation don't come cheap you fools ???? 

About 100,000 baht for the average person. 

But they are now throwing in two weeks of entertainment. 

Maybe a last day massage and happy ending too.

Still around 4000 baht a day. 

15 minutes ago, CheelBeel said:

that is why only 300 a week
hoping  to find 300 desperate people  who will pay anything to get back to their families 
this is what behind thai smiles

56 minutes ago, Solidpoo said:

are they serious ? so a minimum of 30 days with 14 days in quarantine. Who the hell would waste their time ! 

To a maximum of 270 days.