New grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19

webfact

58 minutes ago, lkv said:

There is no vacation in Thailand for tourists, period. For the next 12 months, if my understanding is correct about this "special scheme" to run until November 2021.

The only people coming are people with very strong ties to Thailand, or ones on Government meetings / business, like that Chinese dude in the previous video.

I know someone doing self isolation here in Europe in his own apartment and it got to his head. As in, he is depressed because of it, and counting the days. He does online sessions with his psychologist though, it helps somewhat.

TAT can sugar coat it all they want, it's polished detention this quarantine. As in jail, only in a hotel room.

Its only 14 days in a nice hotel.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

It used to be that if you spent more than 180 days a year inside Thailand, unless you are over 55, you must be working and pay tax. It happened to me. They would not let me check in at the airport. I hope that things have changed. But it will be interesting for these long term tourists if it hasn't. 

Many of us have been warned about "staying too much in Thailand" by various IO's. Now we're getting sent home by the 26th without any recourse to acquire a new tourist visa.

This is happening on the heels of a new tourist visa which the government HOPES will get more tourists into the country and for up to 270 days. In fact there's even a _minimum_ number of days now! What is the message they're trying to send here? Do they or do they not want us dirty tourists loitering in their country?

10 hours ago, alianware said:

Sad to know that thailand is a country of smile only for those deep pockets. Most of the ASQ hotels they offer are between 40000 - 80000 for 14 nights with only one breakfast. Farang who make long stay holiday have money but not prioritize luxus hotel. That money they could use for shopping or good food. I feel sorry for people who are beeing discriminate through this one side regulation. 

.All immigration  need to worry about is making sure there phones are charged and they have the latest games downloaded. Just the word " China " send fear through any man. What a scam. This gov is worthy of protesters and COVID is nothing but a excuse. 

Nobody is coming lol..

46 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

It used to be that if you spent more than 180 days a year inside Thailand, unless you are over 55, you must be working and pay tax. It happened to me. They would not let me check in at the airport. I hope that things have changed. But it will be interesting for these long term tourists if it hasn't. 

And if as a long term tourist you use a credit card issued in your own country using money you have already paid tax on what are they going to tax?

Have another think. ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miss Pickle said:

I can’t see how this is going to work it says that you have to come from a country that has no new cases for 2 months well that rules most of Europe out as we have new cases.Most of the Long stay tourists are Europeans.And who is going to want to be locked up in a Hotel for two weeks at inflated prices like a prisoner.A lot of people on long stay have condos to stay in why not isolate at home.Surely this makes more sense.

How do you "isolate at home". Do you live with any other people? Do you have food at your home waiting for you when you get there? Enough for two weeks? All delivery? From people who only accept credit cards on line? How does Thailand know know you are actually isolated?

• Sad 1

1) If you arrive and at some point you test positive for covid-19 virus (how often do they expect you to check in for testing?), the information says you go to a hospital. Okay, and after you get better, are you deported? You can resume your stay as if nothing had happened? 

2) You are to book and pay in advance a "reservation" for accommodation. Does this mean you can't move around? Before you even get on the plane in your home country you must "declare" your accommodation (and one presumes show proof of booking and payment). What "tourist" who can stay up to 270 days (minimum of 30 days, weirdly) will pre-book a room for that whole time? Are "side trips" say to visit a beach or mountain forbidden? 

It seems there are a lot of real world situations that have not been addressed at all in this ... scheme. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

First things first how much are you paying me to come with these ridiculous caveats two weeks incasuration and isolation don't come cheap you fools ???? 

Exactly its going to cost 100,000 baht for 2 weeks quarentine and covid test then lets say you stay another 6 weeks to make it 2 months it will have cost you 6 weeks accomodation 60,000 baht + 100,000bt thats 160,000 baht for 6 weeks holiday accomodation as you cannot count 2 weeks locked up as holiday in gbp thats 4,000 pounds for 6 weeks who in their right mind is going to pay that ? ohhh i forgot the bafoons who thought it up can .

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

1) If you arrive and at some point you test positive for covid-19 virus (how often do they expect you to check in for testing?), the information says you go to a hospital. Okay, and after you get better, are you deported? You can resume your stay as if nothing had happened? 

2) You are to book and pay in advance a "reservation" for accommodation. Does this mean you can't move around? Before you even get on the plane in your home country you must "declare" your accommodation (and one presumes show proof of booking and payment). What "tourist" who can stay up to 270 days (minimum of 30 days, weirdly) will pre-book a room for that whole time? Are "side trips" say to visit a beach or mountain forbidden? 

It seems there are a lot of real world situations that have not been addressed at all in this ... scheme. 

You can do 'side-trips' and pay for them as well.

Don't forget TM 28/30's

????????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

Over 50 and you can apply for a retirement O Visa in country after you use a VOA, and then do an extension of stay for a year with money in the bank or the monthly income method, no taxes or working.  The same can be done by applying for an O-A ME Visa outside of the country.

29 minutes ago, genericptr said:

14 days in a room all alone is known as solitary confinement and is considered the most extreme form of jailing for criminals that can't be trusted to be in the  general prison population. Even if you make it out it's going to break your spirit  and leave you traumatized. I hope the hotels have Valium injections they can administer to their guests.

Done through a Glory Hole

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

I'm sorry but as my dear old mam would say, you are in cloud cuckoo land.  Take myself for instance, 53 year old professional and 100% ownership of my own company.  According to the stats that I just checked, I earn more than 95% of the UK population.  I have no dependents in the UK and have very little overheads when it comes to housing etc.  I would love to return to Thailand for a well earned holiday and basically, if anyone can afford to do this, I can.

Am I actually going to do this, am I hell?  If a country wants me to visit and spend my money there, they are the ones that are going to have to jump through hoops for me, not the other way around.  There are plenty of other countries out there that don't have such ridiculous quarantine rules, with some even offering to take care of you for free if you were to catch Covid whilst there?  If I want to sit in a 5* hotel for 2 weeks and not move, I will go elsewhere where I will receive genuine 5* service and not the shoddy 3*/4* service only that is normally billed as 5* in Thailand.

Not Thai bashing, just a dose of reality from my office in a not so grim part of the UK!

Spoilsport.

????????

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, the green light said:

that is dream -they will not let you go  until they take more money from you

that mean 21 days... and they can fake the test just to let you stay longer in quarantine

expect tp spend a good Bht200k before you leave 

forget about korat those were the old day--by the way you do not have a house... your wife does  you can't own any property in thailand no matter how smart you think and get a  lawyer  ==== you are a farang who got con to own property thailand. kiss your house good bye

It's rented chilli....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Anyone know how to apply? I want to see the costs.

I had an exchange with TAT yesterday in the UK. No details available yet at all. They took my Emil address and said they would email me when they know more.

• Like 1

Just now, johnc925 said:

Still pining for those Chinese tourists that don't spend money and vendors who send their money back to China. Real smart...

But the prawn buffets miss there smorgasbord approach to eating, c'mon man give them some room to eat, its crowded in China.

• Like 1

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is now busy preparing “14 days of fun” programmes to help international tourists enjoy themselves during quarantine.

And you thought the cancelled prison BBQ was fun? That was the appetizer. Next up...eating beetles and gargling with fish sauce, a time honored Thai tradition.

Some posts containing content from Bangkok Post have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Off topic posts, troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

Obviously after paying a lot of money for your reservations, insurance, flight etc.. you will have to hope and pray to pass the thermal scanner check at the airport otherwise you won't even be boarded. 

I point out that these thermal scanners are not always reliable 

Good luck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raccos21 said:

I think I would rather wait a bit more to see other grand plans that they are lining up.

Not long to wait - they're like buses - you wait for 6 months and then they all come along together! ????