BANGKOK
webfact

New grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19

"This week's new grand plan to bring tourists back to Thailand in fallout of COVID-19..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rott said:

I have always liked pumpkin myself. 

Mrs Possum makes lovely pumpkin soup.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

the Land of Smiles insists the two-week lockdown will be a pleasant surprise.

Ha, ha fun on the tent.

Forget the pleasant surprise: 14x24 hrs on your room, a nurse or doctor who will you check many times again and again, you can't go out of your room, and last but not least, during that time NO alcohol.

And the government calls this "a pleasant surprise"  LOL!!

• Haha 1

This program that they are touting is going to fall flat on their faces.  Very few people are going to want to stay for 14 days cooped up in their hotel room that they are paying for.  I wonder what the “14 days of fun” are that the TAT has planned.  About the only people that might benefit are those who are stuck outside of Thailand and are trying to find a way to get back in.  Then they get 270 days and hopefully by the end of that travel will be much easier.  Of course they will have to prove that they are "deep pocketed" tourists.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

I can see it working for those who have a real need to get back, family property ect. but it will not come cheap so big money needed . i do not see any requirements for the covid insurance cover have they discharged this . 

You mean the $100.000 Scam? That will always be there, even after the borders open again, too big a moneymaker to stop it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

I think it's going to be a success, with chartered planeloads of Chinese investors coming down to buy up condos, sign contracts to import Thai produce, and get great deals on distressed businesses.

Genuine tourists?  Not the way it's structured.

Well, coincidentally today i read this post

https://www.scmp.com/economy/china-economy/article/3102154/chinas-middle-class-dream-second-home-malaysia-dashed

It is not LOS but i think the same apply for here.

7 hours ago, farang51 said:

I am definitely interested. It depends on the details and prices and the available quarantine hotels in Phuket. And, if they will allow people from my country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, farang51 said:

I am definitely interested. It depends on the details and prices and the available quarantine hotels in Phuket. And, if they will allow people from my country.

There are two as far as we know.. Marvelous choice..Anantara and one more I already forgot...

1 minute ago, JusticeGB said:

Yesterday I read that the Government is considering adding a requirement that people coming to Thailand self quarantine in their home countries for 2 weeks before getting on a plane so coming to Thailand will require the equivalent of 4 weeks of prison. The Government Quarantine hotels are grossly overpriced and I understand that you are not allowed to leave your hotel room

Who in their right mind would come to Thailand who has money when they have loads of money and can go to countries without such draconian rules.  When I came here as a tourist a top requirement was a plentiful supply of decent restaurants. Over half the restaurants in Pattaya have closed down most permanently. I will see pigs flying before tourists coming in on this ridiculous scheme. 

I am in Pattaya. Which restaurants have closed apart from The Comfort?

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Oh my Buddha! Can you imagine being trapped in a room and having to endure two weeks of TAT's idea of fun? Thai soap operas 24-hours a day that cannot be switched off, an eat-all-you can koi pla buffet, lao kao drinking competitions, and reading the collected works of Chairman Prayut. I'm sure many rich people in the West would welcome these deep insights into Thai culture, lol.

Exaggerated nonsense.