Biden blasts Trump's plan to push for Supreme Court nominee before election

webfact

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

"Joe Biden claimed in 2016 that it was the 'constitutional duty' of a president to name a Supreme Court nominee even in an election year

At the time he criticized Republicans for delaying the process"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8752197/Joe-Biden-said-2016-presidents-constitutional-duty-SCOTUS-seat.html

'nuff said.

Nope not enough said and there will be consequences best be a waxing up the old surf board there’s a blue wave a building lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Cryingdick said:

It's actually a fact.Cry as much as you want but if you have the WH and senate you have the green light. That's a fact.

The right to appoint is a fact, the opinion of quite a few trump supporters here on it is hypocritical. Some are honest enough to admit that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It would actually be somewhat unprecedented to not move to put a SCJ if you are the sitting President. Something like 26 SCJ were confirmed in the last year of a presidency. 

The dems can twist it however they want to but it's just sour grapes. What makes their tears so bitter is they are helpless to stop it.

It would be unprecedented? From the presidential pov yes, from republican pov, clearly not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

McConnell invented the precedent of not approving a Supreme Court Justice nomination during an election year in order to avoid stating the obvious fact that he was playing partisan politics and neglecting his constitutional responsibility to consider legitimate nominees.  Now he is ignoring his own precedent.

'nuff said.

Yep. And of course, let's not forget Joe Biden has also flip-flopped on the position he held in 2016. There's plenty of hypocrisy to go around in DC.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

All your rationales applied in 2016.  I'm sure you were outraged that McConnell refused to let the Senate perform its constitutional duties then, weren't you?

No. Because like everyone else in DC, I flip flop to suit my political purposes. But then that begs the question of you. Has YOUR position on the issue changed between 2016 and now? Can I assume that you were outraged in 2016 as well as 2020 over this issue?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, heybruce said:

Expecting McConnell to live up to his words and play by consistent rules is not flip-flopping.

I agree, expecting McConnell to live up to his words and play by consistent rules is not flip-flopping. But that is not why I am making the flip flop accusation. I am making it because Joe Biden was for seating a SCOTUS judge in year four of a presidency in 2016 but against it in 2020.

• Like 1