Poll: Thais stressed by rising cost of living and corruption

webfact

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I would have thought "Our country is being run by military clowns" would have been high up there.

Then you really dont have a clue, sure they dont like the military but money and cost of living are always first for everyone you worry about other stuff later.

• Like 2

My landlord asked me to go halfsies with a waterheater - after not budging an inch for the whole duration of covid pandemia in months - would have felt sad about my decision if he didn't own half of the village already - such are times...

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

Lucky for Thais, "food" grows on trees right at the roadside. Saw the other day how a security guard, working at Peugeot, just went to a tree at the curb, picking a few leaves for lunch...

My ex-wife was one for that. We'd be driving along somewhere and she'd suddenly yell out "Pull over!" She'd hop out and return with an armful of stuff. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 4:11 AM, darksidedog said:

You would think that they would have more meaningful things to worry about in all honesty.

Economy in tatters, government incompetent and wrongly in power being up there.

At least the unwashed farang spreading diseases didn't get a mention though.

May be there were only these 4 choices and no question about economy and else

On 9/22/2020 at 6:57 AM, jonclark said:

Hate to say this but did they perhaps interview Thai children under that age of 13 to get these responses. I do not think adults gave these responses in all seriousness. Unless it was an online survey with fixed responses. 

I have to disagree. Having lived here on and off for decades, one might actually expect such responses. They are perfectly aligned with Thai 'sanuk' and 'maibenrai' cultural foundations. 

Thais, for some good and some bad, don't take life very seriously. Of course they go shopping or eat as primary methods to deal with stress. 

People loose their jobs and income atm. 

The ones that are corrupt has lost many of their normal feeding grounds and maybe expanding into new areas. 

All due to Corona. 

The poll makes sense now.