Multi-entry marriage visa 60 day extension requirements?

So with the borders closed and the amnesty looking like it's going to end on September 26th, my Visa is still valid until December 6th, being a multi-entry based on marriage, but my permission to stay expired in June, so theoretically I guess I'm still on the amnesty with the borders closed.

My question is, what are the requirements, what paperwork and documents do I need to bring with me when I head to the Chiang Mai immigration office.

My second question is do I need to go to the Chiang Mai immigration office by the airport or is it the office located at the Promada Mall?

Thank you everyone for the input and help.

Edited by tstcman

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices have already done a 2nd extension already have people that they may be able to get another one.

Immigration can easily waive the one per entry limit written in the immigration order for extensions by using this in the order.

"5. In the case where an alien applicant does not meet the full qualifications stipulated by the criteria herein or in other cases not specified in this Order but a competent officer equivalent to or higher than inspector is of the opinion that the alien has legitimate reason for staying in the Kingdom of Thailand, the application shall be forwarded to the Commander of the Royal Thai Police or an authorized competent officer for further consideration of the alien's application."

That is very interesting to know. Do you have the complete link, in Thai, that I might be able to direct the IO to if necessary? Going for the first 60-day on Wednesday, but useful info to have 'in the bank'.

47 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That is very interesting to know. Do you have the complete link, in Thai, that I might be able to direct the IO to if necessary? Going for the first 60-day on Wednesday, but useful info to have 'in the bank'.

Numbers 15 and 16 has downloads of the immigration order in this pinned topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

• Thanks 1

The other thing is make sure you have your latest TM30 receipt in your passport which your wife should do every time you do a border hop. I did my 60 day extension 2 weeks ago and I had the receipt with the passport but it fell out on the IO desk and she nodded her head as she stapled it into my passport.

Edited by Russell17au

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

The other thing is make sure you have your latest TM30 receipt in your passport which your wife should do every time you do a border hop. I did my 60 day extension 2 weeks ago and I had the receipt with the passport but it fell out on the IO desk and she nodded her head as she stapled it into my passport.

Since 30 June 2020 it is not necessary any more to file a new TM-30 when returning from a domestic or international trip when you stay on the same Visa/extension.  Since that date you only need to do it ONCE at your 'official residence' for Immigration purposes.

Obviously the Hotels, guesthouses, or other premises where you are staying during a domestic trip are still required to file a TM-30 of you arriving at their premises within 24 hours of your arrival.  But you do not need to 'update' your TM-30 when returning at your 'home', when still on the same Visa/extension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Since 30 June 2020 it is not necessary any more to file a new TM-30 when returning from a domestic or international trip when you stay on the same Visa/extension.  Since that date you only need to do it ONCE at your 'official residence' for Immigration purposes.

Obviously the Hotels, guesthouses, or other premises where you are staying during a domestic trip are still required to file a TM-30 of you arriving at their premises within 24 hours of your arrival.  But you do not need to 'update' your TM-30 when returning at your 'home', when still on the same Visa/extension.

Sorry Peter but you are wrong. even before the IO saw the receipts that had fallen onto her desk she sent the wife to fill out the TM30 and that was 2 weeks ago. Your wife must supply a new TM30 every time you enter the country

8 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Sorry Peter but you are wrong. even before the IO saw the receipts that had fallen onto her desk she sent the wife to fill out the TM30 and that was 2 weeks ago. Your wife must supply a new TM30 every time you enter the country

Attached the TM-30 reporting regulation dd 30-06-2020, and copy-pasted an excerpt from that new regulation.

image.png.6875e6b157c6291db1f04aadf6bb197e.png

TM30 reporting regulation dd 30-06-2020.pdf

Edited by Peter Denis

24 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Attached the TM-30 reporting regulation dd 30-06-2020, and copy-pasted an excerpt from that new regulation.

image.png.6875e6b157c6291db1f04aadf6bb197e.png

TM30 reporting regulation dd 30-06-2020.pdf 1.2 MB · 0 downloads

You were not at the immigration office with us 2 weeks ago so you do not know what transpired. So you can go and tell the IO that they are doing everything wrong according to you. My wife and I were there and I am stating what happened to us 2 weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Which IMM office do you deal with. As usual some have their own rules and some are not up to date with changes.

Currently if your returning to your previous address TM30 not required for both returning from another province or from another country. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which IMM office do you deal with. As usual some have their own rules and some are not up to date with changes.

Currently if your returning to your previous address TM30 not required for both returning from another province or from another country. 

Khon Kaen Office

Just now, Russell17au said:

Khon Kaen Office

Well that's another rogue office to add to the list.

If I'm not mistaken that's a common office KK that agents even from BKK deal with for agent extensions.

Back to the other ~ 80 offices....TM30 not required if returning to previous address.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Well that's another rogue office to add to the list.

If I'm not mistaken that's a common office KK that agents even from BKK deal with for agent extensions.

Back to the other ~ 80 offices....TM30 not required if returning to previous address.

Don't trust any of them because the staff are moving around because back in last November my 12 month extension was rejected because I did not have 12 by 40,000 monthly deposits into my bank as my pension is paid 4 weekly and I had 13 by 4 weekly payments of just under 40,000 but when totaled and divided by 12 I was well in excess of the requirements and the police order stated "Annual Average Income" but the IO said no it must be 12 monthly deposits of 40,000 so rejected my extension and that IO is no longer at Khon Kaen office, where is he now? So do not take the written rules as gospel at all offices because with the staff changes so do the rules.

15 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Don't trust any of them because the staff are moving around because back in last November my 12 month extension was rejected because I did not have 12 by 40,000 monthly deposits into my bank as my pension is paid 4 weekly and I had 13 by 4 weekly payments of just under 40,000 but when totaled and divided by 12 I was well in excess of the requirements and the police order stated "Annual Average Income" but the IO said no it must be 12 monthly deposits of 40,000 so rejected my extension and that IO is no longer at Khon Kaen office, where is he now? So do not take the written rules as gospel at all offices because with the staff changes so do the rules.

This is not directed at you personally.

Fact is Thai IMM offices hate income method. It's far more checking etc.

I really don't understand some folk here.

When in Rome......

As soon as retirement extensions changed money in bank I moved to 800k+ in FD account. They love me at CW. Glance at bb and bank letter done.

I continue to read DAILY folk asking advice re proper code to show money from overseas etc.

So 40k per month why the heck not put 400k in bank for 2 months then live off it for few months.

Did my first 60 day extension at CM Immigration (near Airport) last week. 

Same as OP, my Non "O" Multi Entry permission expired in June and the visa itself  expired beginning September.

Quite straightforward, docs as per Ubonjoe's list.

Went at 1.30pm, not too busy, out at 2.45pm.

Got 60 days from 27th Sept, so good until Nov 26th Nov. 1900 bht. 

Next step, 1 year extension based on marriage, put 400k in bank last month, was advised to apply for that mid-October (approx 45 days before expiry of the 60 day extension).

Edited by falang1969

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices have already done a 2nd extension and have people that they may be able to get another one.

I have read one report of that. Perhaps you have seen many. The one I read was up country in boom docks 

Any similar reports from places such as CW.

Doubt it

2 hours ago, trucking said:

Been doing border hops for 20 years. Never filed a TM 30 in all that time and nothing ever said about it.

Just got my 60 day extension from my local immigration and nothing said about it there either.

Strange how all over Thailand , dealing with an immigration office theoretically obliged to follow the official line, people have different experiences.

Maybe not so strange. Those likely to be affected by a law , swat up on it  . So it happens that we are sometimes better informed and up to date than with the officials we have to deal with.

Which province please ?

20 hours ago, salsajapan said:

Which province please ?

Up country. I wont shout it from the roof tops because I don't want to potentially land them in trouble. But I have a friend using a different up country office who has had the same experience.

Seems to be fairly common.

16 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

Which of these options do I choose if I'm trying to get a 60 day extension on Non-O? Applying for a short term visa at Muangthong Thani?

Screenshot (779).png

I'll just answer my own question here for anybody who is asking the same question - having just called the number at the bottom of that page;

For an extension based on marriage - no appointment is necessary, just take your sorry ar$e to Imm div 1 at govt. complex.