Thai media takes aim at plans to make 14 day quarantine fun and interesting

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism authority has said that 14 day quarantine in the country will be enormous fun. 

never crossed my mind TAT was funny..... guess will have to change my opinion about them 555

3 hours ago, Mario G said:

My girlfriend just was 2 weeks ago there in quarantine and she felt like a animal in a cage... could go 1 hour per day on the roof 

Until the first covid-19 test, 24 hours in your room. I write from experience.  Then 1 hour out of the room. Nurse twice a day coming to your door to take temperature and blood pressure. Meals delivered to your door. Sounds like a fun vacation.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

If the following was included I would be interested in the new TAT Fun Quarantine scheme:

Business class on an Airbus 380 with an One mile high Club certificate included 

Limousine service to the Oriental hotel with a Riverview suite

Private female topples butler 

Unlimited Grand cru wine to drink, same with Ardbeg, Jura, Lagavulin, Laphroaig & Talisker Whiskeys

After lunch a body massage with 3 stunners

For dinner: Angus steaks, Scottish Salmon, Maine Lobsters French and Italian cheese platter as dessert

Visiting the best Go-Go bar in town (where all the girls been checked for Corona and various STD's) and ring the bell at least 10 times and buy all girls unlimited of lady drinks (after need to bring the best looking ones back to the Oriental for some wild animal sex)

And instead of green curry pizza I would like to have High Quality Thai sticks on my pizza, like the ones you got in the 80s that were wrapped on a stick.

That is the funniest thing I've read today but I fear TaT will implode after learning of your alternative menu .. 

• Like 2

Maybe they could offer a cheap alternative to the Dignitas Clinic in Zurich? Your quarantine room will be on the 40th floor of a condo tower and you are free to end things at your own leisure. Instead of a health or medical visa, they could start offering a Non-Imm 'S' visa, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nout said:

I recently did quarantine in Australia, this room looks on a similar level however the food in Thailand looks better than what we got.

The big difference is that we could not leave room under any circumstances and we were not allowed on the balcony.

realistically people undergoing quarantine in Thailand get this level of accomadation and service its better than what we get in Australia.

Quarantine in Australia also costs @ 68000 baht.

18 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

I recently did quarantine in Australia, this room looks on a similar level however the food in Thailand looks better than what we got.

The big difference is that we could not leave room under any circumstances and we were not allowed on the balcony.

realistically people undergoing quarantine in Thailand get this level of accomadation and service its better than what we get in Australia.

Quarantine in Australia also costs @ 68000 baht.

Think yourself lucky the Australian authorities didn't ship you off to Bonegilla.

I have the solution, staff each quarantine room with a couple of  nubile pole dancers. Soulful hansum Thai males for the ladies. Social distancing up to you, as they say. Of course, a surcharge would apply, but TAT is targeting the rich, yes?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Ok, here's my idea for them,

ESCAPE ROOM ADVENTURE

Have the room filled with puzzles and riddles to solve before the next door opens

Some can even be real-world and useful for later: Take a Thai Driving test, if/when you pass...

Oh this is a good one. I propose one of the challenges should be trying to figure out all the paperwork needed for an extension of stay based on marriage. Although nobody would ever pass the first time.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

you gotta smile at the land of smiles, although its more like rolling on the floor in hysteria....so let me get this straight, assuming that England is not considered high risk and the 31 whom have contacted the embassy can go, then all those 31 have to do is fly at the same time so that they can charter 1 plane between them all, anything is possible as if they are desperate enough to spend 14 days in prison I'm sure they won't mind forking out for their own plane too, so you are tested before you leave, lets assume - negative, you are tested when you arrive, lets assume - negative, 14 days locked in a hotel room being poked and prodded and then off you go..... all to rendezvous up at an agreed time to charter another plane home afterwards...............LOL. methinks the Thais will discover that enquiries do not necessarily lead to bookings, i will wait to see how many bookings they receive to sunny Alcatraz ????

• Like 2