Thai media takes aim at plans to make 14 day quarantine fun and interesting

webfact

Best stop all this nonsense and get real. When you realise full extent of the economic recession being caused by Covid realistic measures will need to be taken to attract foreign tourism but fear will be too late for Thailand's peak tourist season mid December to end February so best wait until next year to come up with realistic plans to reopen on as safe basis as possible but without quarantine

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's tourism authority has said that 14 day quarantine in the country will be enormous fun. 

They expect tourists to come in their droves to learn yoga, cooking and watch concerts from their isolation balconies. 

In addition foreign tourists are being reminded of major attractions like coming to Thailand to get married, learn Muay Thai and even order a pizza topped with Green Curry.

And it is also fun being scammed out of your hard money what planet these people on .

• Like 1

Scandinavia is just a world of unbearable pain during the winter months. Once you're deep into the long, cold, dark winter the offer of two weeks locked up in a Bangkok hotel seems like a small price to pay for a chance to get away. But then you look at the price tag for the quarantine, and the cost of all the other requirements. And you realise taking them up on this offer means you won't have much money - or time - left for when the borders eventually open up for real. So maybe, maybe, I'll put my head down, grind my teeth, and endure a few more weeks. Just a few more. Soon everything will be alright again.   

Edited by androokery
  • Like 1

If you read accounts by those who have undergone the 14-day jail sentence, you know that you can't leave the room at all but for an hour or so each day to exercise and get fresh air.  What they are saying is that in addition to Netflix, the government will pipe in special programming related to Thailand, the place you can only see from your window for the next 336 hours. 

Maybe Thailand should just start a dedicated Covid 14 Days of Fun TV channel. How wonderful would that be? 

Just now, Pravda said:

Have been browsing some Canadian forums. 

Everyone is talking about Maldives and some nice discounts they offer as of late. Thailand is crickets. 

And really when you think about it Maldives is a giant made to stay resort. No place in Thailand can compete with this. 

The worst part is that staying in Maldives for 2 weeks seems to be cheaper (after discounts) than staying in Phuket. 

Food for thought, but then again what thought. 

Those Maldives resorts though: they're one to each tiny little sandspit. Aren't they all like quarantine hotels too? I mean you can eat at the same place everyday and dip your toes at the right side of the island every day, so it's bigger than the BKK hotel rooms, but you're stuck in the same place with the same person you came with. 

In addition foreign tourists are being reminded of major attractions like coming to Thailand to get married, learn Muay Thai and even order a pizza topped with Green Curry.

What ? Seriously ? Just what ? Getting married and ordering a pizza are classed as major attractions ? Someone let their kid play with the keyboard today ? This is the cream of Thailand’s idea of what attracts people to the country ! Utterly insane bunch of clowns who couldn’t run a bath ! ????????

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, androokery said:

Those Maldives resorts though: they're one to each tiny little sandspit. Aren't they all like quarantine hotels too? I mean you can eat at the same place everyday and dip your toes at the right side of the island every day, so it's bigger than the BKK hotel rooms, but you're stuck in the same place with the same person you came with. 

Yes, that's why they are keeping open. Instead of Clint in Alcatraz you're Papillon on an island.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, androokery said:

Scandinavia is just a world of unbearable pain during the winter months. Once you're deep into the long, cold, dark winter the offer of two weeks locked up in a Bangkok hotel seems like a small price to pay for a chance to get away. But then you look at the price tag for the quarantine, and the cost of all the other requirements. And you realise taking them up on this offer means you won't have much money - or time - left for when the borders eventually open up for real. So maybe, maybe, I'll put my head down, grind my teeth, and endure a few more weeks. Just a few more. Soon everything will be alright again.   

Go to Mexico, you can stay up to 6 months, no visa, no covid test, no quarantine.

Or other destinations in South America that might open up shortly.

Flights from Europe are similarly priced as to Bangkok, hotels cheap, nice beaches.

At least they do look like it in pics, might check it out myself this winter. Asia seems to be a no go anyway.

Would consider Bali also if it opens up.

• Like 2

The only explanation for this constant stream of madcap ideas is that the TAT and many members of the Thai administration are already secretly testing medical Marihuana.

They're taking the pxxs of us and roll about the floor laughing.

Edited by Ganesh108
  • Like 1

They expect tourists to come in their droves to learn yoga, cooking and watch concerts from their isolation balconies. 

Baby laughing.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

She was determined that foreigners wouldn't forget Thailand and was sure that

She's right about one thing then, how can you cooking classes if you are in lockdown in your loom?

That will be done online for the special suites with kitchenette at a special 3000 euro per night rate. Unforgettable experience.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Fun for me will be cold beers good food and a lovely young lass giving me a daily massage like this, i will not even want to come out at all... where do i put my name down?...

And how does this lovely young lass give you a massage if you'r in quarantine ?? 

27 minutes ago, Ganesh108 said:

Or one could learn some useful crafts like basket weaving, cheroot rolling or making betel nut packs. You'll never know when you might need them. 

The Thais could take a leaf out of the Australian sporting pantheon, a brief synopsis of fanarkeling:

Farnarkeling is a sport which began in Mesopotamia, which literally means ‘between the rivers’. This would put it somewhere in Victoria or New South Wales between the Murray and the Darling. The word Farnarkeling is Icelandic in structure, Urdu in metre and Celtic in the intimacy of its relationship between meaning and tone.

Farnarkeling is engaged in by two teams whose purpose is to arkle, and to prevent the other team from arkeling, using a flukem to propel a gonad through sets of posts situated at random around the periphery of a grommet. Arkeling is not permissible, however, from any position adjacent to the phlange (or leiderkrantz) or from within 15 yards of the wiffenwacker at the point where the shifting tube abuts the centre-line on either side of the 34 metre mark, measured from the valve at the back of the defending side’s transom-housing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elkski said:

I don't think I'm an alcoholic but I don't know if I could go 14 days without one beer A-day

I usually enjoy a beer or two each day, a glass of wine with a meal or a late night whisky while watching a movie etc.

No booze for couple of weeks was absolutely fine - no problems with that whatsoever, didn’t even miss it. 

Coffee on the other hand... within a 2 days I’d asked my Wife to drop my coffee machine off at my ASQ !!!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

all that Thailand has to offer including getting married in the kingdom, Muay Thai (Thai boxing) classes and even the prospect of something truly delicious:

Pizza topped with "kaeng khiaw waan" or green curry. 

Definitely 3  things that can leave a very bad taste in your mouth ........