Thai media takes aim at plans to make 14 day quarantine fun and interesting

webfact

4 minutes ago, Cali farong said:

I was going to wait till they dropped the quarantine but now that I see how much fun it will be to be locked up I can’t wait

'Debbie does Dallas' every afternoon and a Saturday matinee if you're a trustee.  

• Haha 1

Showing that their intention is not to allow any dirty, diseased Farang into Thailand, something that some Thais have wanted to do for years.

Thailand is open for visitors again;  just set impossible entry conditions.  It is not Thailand's fault if the visitors want to be difficult and do not accept these conditions.  As usual, blame the rest of the world for Thailand's misfortune.

it is only in a crisis that the true quality of leadership is seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Bed-sheet Rope for Beginners

How about track events like hurdling over your balcony railing? 

GIF nsfw football forum - animated GIF on GIFER

Oh, I forgot the warmup ...  TAT promo video.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/10/04/76/1004764be62b45b1053120c5d291b0c7.gif

Or pole vaulting?

Edited by Damrongsak

5 hours ago, tlandtday said:

A smart approach would be to offer premium and I mean premium luxury hotels located on beachfront property at a highly subsidized rate instead the approach is to offer crappy accommodation at ridiculously inflated prices.

Thai Business 101 ????

Edited by VBF

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, I can imagine all the unmarried couples who've been on top of each during lockdown are just itching to come to Thailand to get married. But not a second before they volunteer to be cooped up together again in a hotel room for 14 days.

Dude! Didn't you see Hangover II> Who would NOT want that experience? 555

BTW The Thai government hated it.

I've just done fourteen days in the Novotel at the airport in Taiwan......  let me tell you how <deleted> that is. The food was garbage day in day out with a  set menu for the company, wash your own grinders everyday, no laundry, no drink unless you want to pay FOUR times the price of a beer, and thank F%^& i had a computer to communicate with, lots of movies and a very unhealthy feeling overall...... Not a good experience.... As for me paying for that pleasure ?   Forget it....... Stupidity beyond even the loons in the TAT...... 

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Thanks 1

"She was expecting a "Big Move" in November and December as winter bites there." !?!?!

Do those morons know that there are plenty of other country's world wide where the sun also shines ???

Even in Europe there are sunny country's in wintertime !!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucifer999 said:

Its Crazy to think foreigners will except a 14 day quarantine in mass ... what are they thinking ... Amazing Thailand ...

What are they thinking, do you really need to ask ????????

• Like 1

First the Thai banks, then the insurance companies, now the rich hotel owners.  haha

Brought to you by the Thai firm of *Do We, Cheat Em and How*

Edited by garyk

On 9/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, ChipButty said:

She was determined that foreigners wouldn't forget Thailand and was sure that

She's right about one thing then, how can you cooking classes if you are in lockdown in your loom?

Who will ever forget Th. Not me, been living in LOS for 20Ys, Impossible to forget. 55555555

On 9/21/2020 at 11:26 AM, Rookiescot said:

OK so the Thai economy is hurting because of the lack of tourists.

Heres an idea. Many of us expats are sitting with 800k in the bank we never touch. Why dont they drop the requirement to 400k and encourage us to spend the difference. 

That would defeat the entire purpose of the 800k baht which is to help alcoholic retirees budget for a rainy day so that Thailand doesn't end up having to foot the bill for the hundreds of thousands of livers that will inevitably expire. Personally, I think it should be at least 3 milly given that expat alcohol abuse is about to skyrocket due to the global economy  being on the brink of collapse ( 2021 will collapse ). Pensions funds, which many retirees survive on, will be the first things to go. I kid you not, if you are an expat or retiree surviving on a government pension, you are about six months away from losing your monthly income. Jay Powell is not going to be able to print the world out of this mess. QE isn't going to work this time. Interest rates can't be lowered. Basically we're looking at the biggest worldwide economic collapse in human history as we come to the end of an 80 year economic super cycle. Sadly, most don't even realize what is happening. Most pension funds around the world are composed of BIG TECH stocks like Apple, Microsoft, Netflix, Amazon etc... ( hence why the FED is pumping the heck out of them ). Big Tech bubble is a few months shy from popping. What happens to pensions funds when it does? BYE BYE pensions and hello alcohol. Thailand is about to have a real mess on its hands and will be very glad it enforced the 800,000 baht rule. 

Edited by Pracha Duang

Instead of Thai media taking aim at the plan to make 14 days quarantine fun, they should be aggressively asking why the government would destroy Thailand economically for 59 deaths from 69 million population. That is 0.000085% deaths to shut down a country reliant on tourism.

5 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Instead of Thai media taking aim at the plan to make 14 days quarantine fun, they should be aggressively asking why the government would destroy Thailand economically for 59 deaths from 69 million population. That is 0.000085% deaths to shut down a country reliant on tourism.

While I agree with your sentiment that killing the tourism industry is overkill, it can of course be argued that the deaths could be significantly greater than 59 if Thailand were not locked down.

I disagree of course and suspect Covid-19 swept through Thailand early on in Nov / Dec / Jan / Feb and due to a lack of efficient central reporting the numbers were hardly noticed until the EU panicked and locked down by which time Thailand had already been exposed. 

No proof and it can never be argue that lockdown was effective or not - its completely intangible.

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

While I agree with your sentiment that killing the tourism industry is overkill, it can of course be argued that the deaths could be significantly greater than 59 if Thailand were not locked down.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Thailand should not have locked down, every country had to. But now that Covid is controlled in certain places, they should be able to travel between with a Covid test on departure