Special Tourist Visa: Good news for Scandinavians and Aussies/New Zealanders

webfact

Its funny how people spam no usa,eu etc person will come with those rules. its only 1200 persons per month. 

im from eu, under 30 and im thinking about it. tho it seems its country restrictions so unfortunetely my country not on list right now. 2 weeks quarantine? done that 2 times already (okay its self isolate but havent gone  out those 2 weeks anyways when i did it). 

Not hard to just work those 2 weeks more and be more producive.

while its not good solution by thailand, its better than nothing. bad start is still better than standing still.

Edited by hexa

1 minute ago, Disparate Dan said:

You omitted another prerequisite mentioned in all the reports last week: charter flights only. The 300 tourists per week would all have to come from one city, or it wouldn't make aviation sense.

Quite posisble. TG had direct flights from CPH, OSL and ARN  They filled  a B787 or B777 back in the good old days.  If they do it once a week, easy.

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Amazing how the countries with the strictest lockdowns and mandatory masks have the highest case numbers, whereas Sweden, with no masks and no mandatory lockdown, does not.

I didn't mean to blame on the Swedish approach! ( btw: I appreciate it very much! But maybe it's better working in countries with low population density...Scandinavia 16-22 people/km2, central Europe 100-400 people/km2)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Yes indeed........although there may be a few who need to get back here for family and business reasons, but apart from that, the days of having to "jump through hoops" to appease ill-thought-through TAT and Immigration regulations have pi$$ed too many off, so not likely to be a rush.

Besides that, in Oz and NZ "come the end of the year" it will be summer time so better to stay where they are.

Don't underestimate Thailand's allure to many.

18 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

You can check-in but not check-out!  My son lives in Victoria and says there is a Wuhan China virus coverage map on the 6 o'clock news.   And most of the map is green (no virus) with a few isolated spots of red.  Everyone is asking why the he11 they are in lock down when so little is effected.  It just plain crazy! 

*affected.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

You can check-in but not check-out!  My son lives in Victoria and says there is a Wuhan China virus coverage map on the 6 o'clock news.   And most of the map is green (no virus) with a few isolated spots of red.  Everyone is asking why the he11 they are in lock down when so little is effected.  It just plain crazy! 

A month or so they had close to or over 1000 cases so they are trying to reduce it to 0 I guess. Most of my friends seem happy to wait a few weeks in lockdown to give the highest chance of no recurrence

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sharp said:

Covid-19 insurance and tracking app people would probably accept but 2 weeks quarantine that's a tricky sell to say the least!!

Plus the needless scaremongering needs to stop from all MSM and alike. 

MSM report government regs, other stuff regards Covid, just ignore. Currently 14 days isolation in a hotel, at your cost, when returning to Oz. At this stage no confirmed date when requirement will be lifted when returning from any country.

• Thanks 1

"no Covid-19 infection for 28 days"

No country will be welcome not even Thais themselves then!!!!! Do they ever think???

BTW Sweden have broken the curve of the pandemic while neighboring Denmark is seeing wave 2 surges well above Sweden's numbers although that can partly be explained with the crazy 'over testing' the danes are currently doing but for certain numbers going up in DK vs. down in SE so a random tourist from either is going to be pretty low risk as e.g. compared to hotspots like say Spain or France!!

If Thailand wants to cherry pick low risk tourists there really are none, but clearly Indians & Indonesians aren't going to be invited!

So if TAT actually spent 5min checking WHO or their foreign missions about current covid numbers they could compile their invitation list & move forward...

Edited by worldfun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

2 week quarantine with free daily happy ending massage could be a winner if TAT threw it in as a sweetener  :whistling:

But that is one hour, two at most ( not talking about the ending...or Am I ? 555). What about the rest of the day? Mind you the first few days the Jet Lag will help. It is actually the only perk to quarantine

12 minutes ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

I suggest they start a new LOTTERY where we have to guess the number of arrivals under the Special Tourist Visa scheme. Whoever gets closest to the actual number wins a free 2-week trip to . . er . . Australia !! Second prize is a 4-week trip to Australia.

i'm in ????
Let me start by guessing # arrivals with STV on day 1 / OCT 1 = 0 ????

37 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I think I stay here in Sweden, they can stick their silly rules and quarantine up where the sun don't shine.

You mean Sweden in its winter time???  :cheesy:

Winter, as you might expect, is dark and cold across most of the country.

https://sweden.se/nature/swedish-climate/

11 minutes ago, worldfun said:

i'm in ????

Not allowed -- you haven't paid for the lottery ticket. Forgot to mention this costs 2,000 baht + health checks to prove you are still alive + virus checks + insurance + quarantine (no massages). You can trust me as the banker to look after funds, although my daughter always insists on being the banker for Monopoly so maybe she knows better.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You mean Sweden in its winter time???  :cheesy:

https://sweden.se/nature/swedish-climate/

There are flights to Reunion, Maldives, Tenerife and also to Mexico I can jump on if it gets too cold here, and I don't need to be imprisoned in those places for two weeks and pay silly money to be let in.

• Like 2

The people involved just make it up as they go along at the moment. Where's the market research? Aussies can't even get out of their country, cases in Scandinavia are currently on the rise; they certainly don't meet the no cases for 28 days criteria. Finally, how many people are interested in travelling long haul?

• Like 1