Special Tourist Visa: Good news for Scandinavians and Aussies/New Zealanders

webfact

2 hours ago, Nout said:

I wonder if the situation in Australia will impact on their insufferable arrogance and complacency.

No. Not if the two gobby ockers with their masks under their chins that I followed on the escalator at Central yesterday are anything to go by.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Nobody wants to be locked up for two weeks. 

My mate who was stuck in Saudi Arabia since February has just completed his 14-day repatriation ASQ in Bangkok. He's extended the hotel stay by three days so his wife can join him before coming home to Udon.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

My mate who was stuck in Saudi Arabia since February has just completed his 14-day repatriation ASQ in Bangkok. He's extended the hotel stay by three days so his wife can join him before coming home to Udon.

Should have written "for a holiday", which is what the thread is about, tourists.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TommyL727 said:

I never said anything about a lock down, i talked about the face masks. The lockdown was done on grounds that it was a new an unknown virus, and it turned out of course that there were no need for that. All the schools opened again in april/may. And there has not been much covid amongst pupils after the openings. You will always get some...but pandemic levels...no.

The point of my post was, Norway, unlike Sweden, undertook a variety of control measures to limit the original outbreak of the CV in their country. As a result, their per capita death toll from CV in Norway and other nearby Nordic countries is magnitudes smaller than the per capita death toll in Sweden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Are these people completely brain dead??? People for OZ will not arrive as they cant leave OZ. No one from the UK USA EU India either. All with have to do a 2 weeks Quarantine that they will have to pay for themselves + lots of other paperwork, Dream on. And they think it'll bring in 1.2 Billion Bht a month. Are got it now they are going to charge all the arrivals 5 MIl: each for their quarantine. I think they have got the UK Ms Abbot doing the sums.

I think they mean you have to do a 14 day quarantine in your own country get a 72 hour Covid free certificate from your country then catch a non stop flight into Thailand, still a load of <deleted>, I live in lockdown Melbourne we have so many people here who are scared out of their minds and hang off every bit of <deleted> our Premiere feeds them! He doesn’t want a quick end he wants to drag it out so long that when he mandates the vaccine it goes quicker than the toilet paper did! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Should have written "for a holiday", which is what the thread is about, tourists.

You would still not have gotten it right. Thailand may call them tourists; however, it is not people coming for an ordinary holiday, it is people like me staying for a long time in Thailand instead of spending the winter in their own countries. Staying 14 days in quarantine in a hotel is not that bad when you stay six months; the other requirements (and the price) may make the offer undesirable; however, we do not know the details yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Yeah Swedish has never use mask or been any kind lockdown! Now Thailand want they come practice here!

Sweden's death rate per million population is right up there with the US and Brazil, 580. Thailand's is 0.8. But let's not allow facts to get in the way of the propaganda of the anti-mask brigade. Or a tourist authority that is so desperate for visitors it is holding its collective nose.

An Aussie can't leave Australia unless granted special permission. Come to Thailand, 14 days quarantine. Go back to Australia, quotas on returnees, 14 days quarantine. Fabulous holiday.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

Sweden's death rate per million population is right up there with the US and Brazil, 580. Thailand's is 0.8. But let's not allow facts to get in the way of the propaganda of the anti-mask brigade. Or a tourist authority that is so desperate for visitors it is holding its collective nose.

Read my post #82 please.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

So Sweden among the most successful countries in containing Covid19, now considered for special visas.

No masks, no lockdown. 

How did the Swedes do it? Oh that's right, no masks, no lockdown.

with 580 deaths per million, Sweden have the  13th highest mortality rate globally. Hardly something to be proud about

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Special Tourist Visa (STV)

'He reiterated that the new visa meant people would go through a 14 day quarantine, be subject to tracing, have to have a 72 hour non-Covid certificate and take a direct flight'

What is special about this!

Seems similar to the 'pain' eligible foreign visitors currently have to go through. Why would tourists want to do this?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rudidep said:

with 580 deaths per million, Sweden have the  13th highest mortality rate globally. Hardly something to be proud about

and 8,725 total cases per million population... world average is 4,009. enough statistics. 

2 minutes ago, TommyL727 said:

Read my post #82 please.

I've read it, and your point is? Exactly the same thing happened in Australia, aged care facilities were staffed by casuals who were switched from nursing home to nursing home by operators trying to squeeze the last buck out of their asset.

Sweden was open, 580 deaths per million. Australia was locked down, 33 deaths per million. More than 90% in aged care facilities. If it was your father or mother, which country would you rather they were in?

Sweden has had 88,000 active cases, Australia 26,000. Forget about the death rate, the more cases you have, the more younger people will be having weeks and months of rehabilitation ahead of them. This virus damages lung tissue, it has a special affinity for it. Recovery from flu is 1 - 2 weeks, not months. That's what is left out by the Chicken Little economy propagandists, just like a coal company avoids mentioning how much carbon dioxide it generates from the product it sells.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It would bring in 1.2 billion baht a month to stimulate the economy, said the media.

I thought I read the special tourist visa was for 1200 v.i.p. visitors a month................Soooooo.........they are each going to spend around 833 million Baht....................Hmmmmmmmmmm.........that is a lot of Som Tam.......

2 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I think I stay here in Sweden, they can stick their silly rules and quarantine up where the sun don't shine. Can always find another warm country to spend the winter in if it gets too cold here.

"if" it gets too cold there? ????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StefanBBK said:

Hmm. ?  1.2 billion Baht by 1,200 expected tourist per month is 1 Million baht per such tourist. That appears to be a lot.

I've heard of topline hookers in Thailand charging 100,000 baht a week, but it would require an absolute stud to get to a million baht.

• Haha 1