Special Tourist Visa: Good news for Scandinavians and Aussies/New Zealanders

webfact

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I thought the Australians and New Zealanders were locked up on their prison colonies......I have not heard of any dates where as the prisoners might be released to travel......

all this lip service sprucing the carrot called 'hope' .....it aint gunna happen

38 minutes ago, TommyL727 said:

I will tell you something that the media do not. There is a very specific reason for that. I have family in Sweden (as all Norwegians do lol), and they have first hand knowledge about this. Sweden has had a massive influx of immigrants the last 20 years or so, and especially since 2015. What happened was, that a lot of these got a job in the health care sector, and mostly in old peoples home care facilities. Now, the majority of these people were never met with any demands of any sort, so they did not bother learning the countrys language. They worked, could only understand their home language, or in best case some very basic English. So when corona hit, they had no idea what was happening, and they infected thousands of those old people, before the Swedish Government understood what was happening. They later issued corona material and advice in their native languages, but it was too late.

This is the true story of the massive deaths per capita in Sweden, and you will never hear it in main stream media. And im not trying to place blame, just stating facts. It could easily have been us, if we did not have had a stricter immigrant policy, with language demands.

That is not "the true story". It is one theory that has been popularised, but people who actually represent the groups you mention have debunked it. They put more blame on the fact that they live in crowded conditions and found it very difficult to separate young from old, infected from uninfected. And of course there are more issues. 

I thought the Australians and New Zealanders were locked up on their prison colonies......I have not heard of any dates where as the prisoners might be released to travel......

That's correct ... "Good News for Aussies and New Zealanders ..... " ... and Bad News for Thailand ... Aussies are not allowed out of their own Country ... !????????

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yes indeed........although there may be a few who need to get back here for family and business reasons, but apart from that, the days of having to "jump through hoops" to appease ill-thought-through TAT and Immigration regulations have pi$$ed too many off, so not likely to be a rush.

Besides that, in Oz and NZ "come the end of the year" it will be summer time so better to stay where they are.

Let’s not forget also there are a lot of people who might have visited but now can’t or won’t cos they didn’t make any money the last 6 months, have lost their jobs already, or are sitting tight and holding on to whatever cash they have until they see what happens.

These TAT people are nothing short of a bunch of idiots maybe they should spend 14 days in the low end of the Quarantine government approved accommodations and see how they enjoy it . No one with intelligence is going to pay to be imprisoned for 14 days unless there that desperate to enter Thailand.

• Like 1

You are correct, Gulag Australia allows no one to leave, except the well connected of course. There has been no indication this will change in the short term, nor any reason why it even exists.

2 minutes ago, Falcon said:

How the hell is this going to generate 1.2 billion baht? They say they are limiting it to 300 people per week so 1,200 per month, so that’s 1 million baht each they expect to get from each person arriving here?? Idiots one and all!

But they're expecting the tourists to stay for at least 90 days each, so there's no need to be so gloomy:) The average per month for the first six-month period would be 3,000 people. So they only have to generate THB 400,000 per month and visitor. Or 13,333 per day and visitor. That's doable. Not likely. But doable. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He mentioned Scandinavia and in particular Sweden, Norway and Finland. He also singled out Australians and New Zealanders as being welcome come the end of the year. 

He reiterated that the new visa meant people would go through a 14 day quarantine, be subject to tracing, have to have a 72 hour non-Covid certificate and take a direct flight. 

It would bring in 1.2 billion baht a month to stimulate the economy, said the media.

I am pissing myself laughing and i am sure the Australians and New Zealand tourists are to , a 5 year old child could come up with better ideas .

1 minute ago, Khun Yaaai said:

Wrong, Sweden was one of the most unsuccessful countries when looking at casualties per capita.

The Thais must be misinformed wanting to let them in. Norway, Denmark and Finland is a different story.

If you see this STV offer as a reward to countries for their handling of the pandemic, then of course you shouldn't invite Swedes to Thailand. 

But if you only look at the current situation, i.e. the result of the handling of the pandemic, by all means invite away. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

If someone with serious money got the government on board and said oi, here is a great waterfront hotel that is doing no business, I will take over it with a years lease, all tourists will stay in the hotel grounds with security at front and back, we will cater for all of their needs, the hotel has a swimming pool, golf course, we will provide the caddies/girls for the whole 18 hole course so to speak, massages with happy endings, room service with, food, alcohol, etc etc, it could be a deal maker for those not looking at it as 14 days of quarantine, but 14 days of holiday heaven that caters for their every need.

I would be in and I live here ????

Your talking and thinking absolute rubbish. It would never happen . The Generals have an agenda to clean up Thailand. That means getting rid of the bars which supply prostitutes etc. Whether it be for Tourists or Expats  

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Should have written "for a holiday", which is what the thread is about, tourists.

Indeed it is but don't assume for one minute that a genuine Chinese 'tourist' who has already bought a condo in Thailand won't be agree to do 14-days SQ/ASQ just so he can have a long, long vacation.

Just now, pookondee said:

And many are not even aware of the WORST issue surrounding the quarantine...

Imagine testing positive, and having NO symptoms AT ALL..

yet being dragged away by stooges, put in a hospital for X weeks,

and extorted for ???k baht.

You will quickly go from being the elite, valued tourist you envisioned, to virtually a prisoner to be milked.

no thanks!!

This will happen if you have had Covid and have antibodies or any dead virus particles floating around. Thailand cannot distinguish between them 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TurkAussie said:

I think they mean you have to do a 14 day quarantine in your own country get a 72 hour Covid free certificate from your country then catch a non stop flight into Thailand, still a load of <deleted>, I live in lockdown Melbourne we have so many people here who are scared out of their minds and hang off every bit of <deleted> our Premiere feeds them! He doesn’t want a quick end he wants to drag it out so long that when he mandates the vaccine it goes quicker than the toilet paper did! 

No the 14 days quarantine is when you get here (Thailand) and you will have to pay for it. The rest is correct. Have a friend who lives in Sydney he cant leave to get back. He tells me there's no flights anyway???