Special Tourist Visa: Good news for Scandinavians and Aussies/New Zealanders

webfact

28 minutes ago, Khun Yaaai said:

Wrong, Sweden was one of the most unsuccessful countries when looking at casualties per capita.

The Thais must be misinformed wanting to let them in. Norway, Denmark and Finland is a different story.

No, the Thais have obviously looked at the latest data, you are misinformed. 

Only 1.2 per cent of Sweden's 120,000 tests last week came back positive, date from their national health agency shows, according to The Guardian. 

Their 14-day accumulative total of new cases is 22.2 for every 100,000 inhabitants, compared to 279 in Spain, 158.5 in France, 118 in the Czech Republic, 77 in Belgium and 59 in the UK.

All those countries imposed lockdowns in the grips of the pandemic in March but Sweden opted for a lighter approach which now appears to be paying off. 

It is even outperforming its Scandinavian neighbours, Norway and Denmark, suggesting their approach may have helped them in the long term. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8736063/Sweden-records-lowest-number-covid-cases-March-108-did-not-impose-lockdown.html

No wonder the Thais are adding Sweden as one of the few privileged low-risk countries. Many other countries already have.

Sweden cases.jpg

Sweden vs EUR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yuthasak Suphasorn....that`s just sad that this TAT moron apparently still hasn't heard after so many months that Aussies CANNOT travel out of their country. What is that guy paid for ? 

In Europe such a statement would be enough to doubt his expertise. Well..in Europe Yuthasak Suphasorn wouldn`t have made it to that position for sure. He rather would still be the coffee/copy slave.

"Experts" like him + the Thai mentality to not admit faults/ wrong decisions, have cost and will cost the country trillions of Baht!

• Like 1

My understanding is the 14-day jail time is pretty much just that. 

There is no contact from any other human, other than remote contact. 

Have you ever stayed in your hotel room for 14 days, with only an hour a day or so for a walk and fresh air? Me neither but cooped up for just a day or two is enough to drive a man insane. 

And the one big thing the government big thinkers are missing is that Thailand is fun, in many aspects, because there are other people enjoying the same things -- bars, restaurants, entertainments, etc. No one will want to hang out at an empty walking street. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Indeed it is but don't assume for one minute that a genuine Chinese 'tourist' who has already bought a condo in Thailand won't be agree to do 14-days SQ/ASQ just so he can have a long, long vacation.

Yeah, the old chestnut about who is actually a "real" tourist. It's a symptom of badly implemented immigration system, people with investments like a condo should be on a non-immigrant investment visa, not TR. But this cat-and-mouse with back to back tourist visas and non-imms has been going on for ages. This "special" visa does nothing but makes the waters even murkier.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, pookondee said:

And many are not even aware of the WORST issue surrounding the quarantine...

Imagine testing positive, and having NO symptoms AT ALL..

yet being dragged away by stooges, put in a hospital for X weeks,

and extorted for ???k baht.

You will quickly go from being the elite, valued tourist you envisioned, to virtually a prisoner to be milked.

no thanks!!

Good point !

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He reiterated that the new visa meant people would go through a 14 day quarantine, be subject to tracing, have to have a 72 hour non-Covid certificate and take a direct flight. 

No one is going to come if that is what awaits, No one!

Edited by evadgib

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He reiterated that the new visa meant people would go through a 14 day quarantine, be subject to tracing, have to have a 72 hour non-Covid certificate and take a direct flight. 

It would bring in 1.2 billion baht a month to stimulate the economy, said the media.

Yeah right....

5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I thought the Australians and New Zealanders were locked up on their prison colonies......I have not heard of any dates where as the prisoners might be released to travel......

Swedes' did no mask and no lockdown and are now finished the pandemic.Australia are doing masks and lockdown and will be in their prison of fear for longer than the foreseeable future.They've ridden the second wave and are now paddling out the back to catch the third wave so watch out for the cleanup set!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I thought the Australians and New Zealanders were locked up on their prison colonies......I have not heard of any dates where as the prisoners might be released to travel......

There will be no planes going from Perth to Bangkok for at least 2 years, if Thai Airways survives that long

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Are these people completely brain dead??? People for OZ will not arrive as they cant leave OZ. No one from the UK USA EU India either. All with have to do a 2 weeks Quarantine that they will have to pay for themselves + lots of other paperwork, Dream on. And they think it'll bring in 1.2 Billion Bht a month. Are got it now they are going to charge all the arrivals 5 MIl: each for their quarantine. I think they have got the UK Ms Abbot doing the sums.

Just thinkin hes doing his job, after all his salary still gets payed......

There will be a few hundred sex tourists of the sex maniac variety willing to endure 2 weeks of being locked up in an overpriced room (alcohol not permitted) to be able to go crazy in Pattaya for 9 months, but that will be it, no regular rational tourists gonna go for that one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yes indeed........although there may be a few who need to get back here for family and business reasons, but apart from that, the days of having to "jump through hoops" to appease ill-thought-through TAT and Immigration regulations have pi$$ed too many off, so not likely to be a rush.

Besides that, in Oz and NZ "come the end of the year" it will be summer time so better to stay where they are.

Really? Better in what way exactly. 

Won't matter as nobody getting out of that penal colony until there is a vaccine 2021 perhaps 

• Like 1

So many people saying this is a pointless exercise and no one will want to come under these conditions. Currently there are well over a 1000 foreigners every week entering the country and doing the 14 day quarantine. Me being one. They are expecting attract another 300 a week with this new visa and i think they will do this easy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yes indeed........although there may be a few who need to get back here for family and business reasons, but apart from that, the days of having to "jump through hoops" to appease ill-thought-through TAT and Immigration regulations have pi$$ed too many off, so not likely to be a rush.

Besides that, in Oz and NZ "come the end of the year" it will be summer time so better to stay where they are.

Really? Better in what way exactly. 

Won't matter as nobody getting out of that penal colony until there is a vaccine 2021 perhaps 

6 hours ago, Sharp said:

Covid-19 insurance and tracking app people would probably accept but 2 weeks quarantine that's a tricky sell to say the least!!

Plus the needless scaremongering needs to stop from all MSM and alike. 

For me, it is merely opposite: I would be willing to pay up to, say, 50,000 baht for the two week quarantine, but certainly not the tracking device! And I don't know how expensive the insurance would be... I find the USD 100K coverage insane! 

4 hours ago, alyx said:

But that is one hour, two at most ( not talking about the ending...or Am I ? 555). What about the rest of the day? Mind you the first few days the Jet Lag will help. It is actually the only perk to quarantine

Rest of the day choosing for the next day!!