Special Tourist Visa: Good news for Scandinavians and Aussies/New Zealanders

webfact

6 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Makes sense for now.

I’m sure there is a typo .

it was meant to read “ makes absofuginglootly no sense At All.

These <deleted> couldn’t find their way out of a room with the light on.”
seems to make sense now.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

It would bring in 1.2 billion baht a month to stimulate the economy, said the media.

1200 tourists a month for a let's say 9 months stay will make 10.800 tourists in the country, (out of previously some 36 million/52 weeks say 700.000)

1.200.000.000 THB / 10.800 = 111.111,-- THB per person per month. ( or, for a couple about 2.000.000 THB for nine months). but just 3.700 THB / 120 $ per night stay per guest.

During the Old Normal: 60.000.000.000 usd per Annum / 36.000.000 tourists = 1.600 $ per guest during average about three (2.8) night stay or some 550 $ for each night per guest.

Big spenders ?

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I thought the Australians and New Zealanders were locked up on their prison colonies......I have not heard of any dates where as the prisoners might be released to travel......

Cant cross the interstate borders yet . Talking extensions too 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Special Tourist Visa: Good news for Scandinavians and Aussies/New Zealanders

Never mind this useless tourist Visa . I would say that it is more important for  the People who are Stuck in those countries that Aren't Married and Trying to get back to their Home and Family in Los. 

• Like 2

As I stated. Make sure immigration have the latest candy crush game on there phones. I'm Australian and we are far to smart to pay you triple cost to jail us and also make us run around for testing. You are delusional. Make sure officers have good chairs lonely days ahead 

Very clever to target only countries will small populations and those like Australia and New Zealand that may have restrictions on people leaving or returning to the country. It goes without saying that citizens of these countries will be queuing up to fly to Thailand to enjoy two weeks of expensive quarantine followed by more quarantine when they return home.

It makes you wonder if reasonably well educated blokes like that really believe what they are saying or just like to give the good news first and blame someone else when nothing happens at all.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I can recall a few young women I've spent time with in Thailand that I wouldn't mind being locked up together with in a nice hotel for a two-week stay (assuming that would be allowed).

In fact, now that I think about it and smile, I may well have done that a couple times long before CV ever arrived....  :thumbsup:

good idea ???????????? almost forgotten already 
???? ????
  ???? 
will send a SMS right now ???? 

41 minutes ago, Seeall said:

ICELAND

No, the Scandinavian peninsula is only Sweden & Norway. Finland, Denmark & sometimes Iceland are the Nordic countries, according to mr Google. Does it really matter in the context of this post.

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

And to think i sometimes wondered if it was worth the long haul flights from ???????? and jetlag.  I can understand guys with family in Thailand trying this.   But maybe they just focus on work and making money for the future.   The rich  are not having such a bad time during this.   They have  retreated  to their nice 2nd houses, some  have chefs or  can get all the take out and food delivered to their door.  

Her: Oh honey Thailand is making it possible to travel  there.  We do have to stay in a 35 m2 room for 2 weeks but then we are free to go spend money. 

Him: What about covid? 

Her: oh Thailand has been covid free for 140 days, except for 2  unexplained cases in public.

Him: what has their covid testing rate been?

Her: ah. One of the lowest  rates per 100,000 people in the World.  Oh I should  mention there was a big  protest last weekend because of many valid reasons, and now they fear a explosion in cases. 

Him: How can they have an explosion of cases if they don't have covid in Thailand.  

Her:  I tgink I will call for xyz dinner tonight.   Let's splurge and do the hot tub  later.  Forget travel for now.   

• Haha 1

all these thai visa posters saying no one will want to go really dont know what they talking about. there is a decent demand for it. they have had already 10000 applications for sweden alone. i for one would do a 14 day quarantine and everything else to get out of my god forsaken country but unfortunately as im from the uk i think mine will be a long wait

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKWarner said:

Sweden has 88,237 Cases  (possibly now 2nd wave started) 5865 Deaths, Sweden a has worst record than <China has 90.369 cases, 4737 Deaths> Why is Sweden a preferred country?

Because China won't let their citizens go galavanting all over the world, bring it back to China, and shut down the world's #2 economy, full stop.  

Just because they don't report it doesn't mean that's what's not happening.  

They will get anyone to come in - anyone.  But you know what?  1200 tourists or so a month?  They will have trouble getting that.  

More delusional nonsense. Aus and NZ have closed borders for at least another 6 months. Need to dream up another scheme. If it involves a 14 day lockdown forget it. Looks like Vietnam is going to salvage another big hunk of the destroyed Thai tourism industry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulikens said:

all these thai visa posters saying no one will want to go really dont know what they talking about. there is a decent demand for it. they have had already 10000 applications for sweden alone. i for one would do a 14 day quarantine and everything else to get out of my god forsaken country but unfortunately as im from the uk i think mine will be a long wait

You're only speaking for yourself and your bubble that you put yourself in.

As a matter of fact, many people are not going to want to travel this  year.  You are in the minority.  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Alex80 said:

Sweden? over 300 infections a day; population considered, it's worse than Italy

@Alex80 300 a day were are you getting your information from? the man down the pub! day after day they're getting no new infections, cuz they done it the right way and went for herd immunity and have shown the rest of the world up

Edited by paulikens
forgot

Just now, jirathama said:

For me it looks, like they dont want the tourists here. It is more an alibi thingie, window dressing for the Thai population.

Their goal is to destroy completely the western influence in Tourism, that is why they have chosen countries, whos citizen either cant leave or are so small, that hardly anyone is planning to come. Especially now, with the influence of western ideas, democracy etc. They, the government and rich,  do not want this here!

Why you offer suddenly 90 days Visa up to 270 days? It is not for the tourists, it is for the chinese money guys, to fly back and forth bringing their money in to pay for their bought Condos. That is the real point. Beefore everything in Bangkok goes down the drain....Real Estate matters.

It is a shame, how things get used as an excuse to get ride of expats. Whom contributed a lot in this country in the last decades.

Correct the thing needed is a real gov. Not racist army standins. This is a charade and a medical is sufficient. With self quarantine. Good luck you will starve 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jirathama said:

For me it looks, like they dont want the tourists here. It is more an alibi thingie, window dressing for the Thai population.

Their goal is to destroy completely the western influence in Tourism, that is why they have chosen countries, whos citizen either cant leave or are so small, that hardly anyone is planning to come. Especially now, with the influence of western ideas, democracy etc. They, the government and rich,  do not want this here!

Why you offer suddenly 90 days Visa up to 270 days? It is not for the tourists, it is for the chinese money guys, to fly back and forth bringing their money in to pay for their bought Condos. That is the real point. Beefore everything in Bangkok goes down the drain....Real Estate matters.

It is a shame, how things get used as an excuse to get ride of expats. Whom contributed a lot in this country in the last decades.

the expats who thought they had a secure retirement in the los when all they were viewed as was a guest and an earner.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pegman said:

Dream on

Well I know an Australian man who would be more than happy to put up with the quarantine and other requirements. Unfortunately he is unable to leave Australia thanks to the government's rather ridiculous stance on exiting the country. I am sure he's not alone.

• Thanks 2