Large chunk of "Khao Hin Poon" in Ang Thong National Park collapses into the sea

webfact

Large chunk of "Khao Hin Poon" in Ang Thong National Park collapses into the sea

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The effect of rain and erosion from tropical storm Noul resulted in a large part of the island of Koh Hin Poon in the Ang Thong national marine park collapsing into the sea. 

Officials said that 15-20% of the island near Koh Samui, Surat Thani had crumbled.

Fishermen and tourists were warned to stay away. 

The area had been closed for three days from Friday to Sunday. 

news_RIWSHZEEjI143307_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that the heaviest rain in the area (25 millimeters) was reported at Tha Khanon in Khirirat Nikhom district.

Small vessels had been warned not to put to sea as the tropical storm lashed the southern Thai coast.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-21

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Small vessels had been warned not to put to sea as the tropical storm lashed the southern Thai coast.

It´s nice that they feel the need to varn about such elementary things. Now everybody can feel much safer on a boat trip in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It´s nice that they feel the need to varn about such elementary things. Now everybody can feel much safer on a boat trip in Thailand.

Considering Thailands past history with the ocean and accidents I think warnings should be mandatory.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Considering Thailands past history with the ocean and accidents I think warnings should be mandatory.

Yes, you are 100% right! The only thing I am sad over, is that it is necessary. It kind of prove what level we are on regarding common sense once again.

• Like 2