visiting vietnam - what are the requirements?

Hey guys

Planning to visit vietnam (HCM) in the coming month, are there any requirements? 

particularly the quarantine condition as we hear that required by Thai authority

anyone visited vitenam recently?

please share your experience to the most recent updated situation, 

Thanks!

Diplomats, highly skilled expert, and major investors are the only foreigners that can get in right now. Don't think they will open up to tourists any time soon, certainly not this year,baring a miracle on the vaccine front : so if you are a Trumpian, yes very soon it will all be back to normal. 

29 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Diplomats, highly skilled expert, and major investors are the only foreigners that can get in right now. Don't think they will open up to tourists any time soon, certainly not this year,baring a miracle on the vaccine front : so if you are a Trumpian, yes very soon it will all be back to normal. 

Very much Trumpian when it comes going back to the old normal. Any time.

6 hours ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

Have you done any research at all, or is TV your first port of call for travel agents?

I don't need any travel agents and won't use any of them in here, also not in need to this useless reply, should not bother if you don't have the answer.

Only certains categories of visa are allowed to enter Vietnam. Not tourist. Basically, if you are not diplomat, you need a business visa and to apply for a work permit. Pretty similar than Thailand now.

For a business visa, only the category "confirmed expert" can be granted a visa.

You need to get approved by the people commity in Vietnam (Ministry of Foreign affairs) by providing documentations (mean that you are sponsored by a company, that you are qualified as expert...). You need an agent in Vietnam to prepare the file for you. If you are approved (mean you are on monthly list of people who can travel to Vietnam) it take at least 1 month, then after a week you recieve a document to present to the Vietnam Embassy where you are located and get your visa. Then you apply for the visa, pre-booked a flight ticket (there are no commercial flight from Thailand at the moment, only special flights 1 or 2 times a month) and book hotel from an approved list for quarantine (14 days), covid test 72 hours before departure.

I am on this process right now. Started the process mid august, I got the approval from the ministry last week, got the document for the Vietnam Embassy this week (Bangkok) and will get the visa next Monday. I am booked on the next flight (5th October) to HCMC.

So basically, if you don't need to go for business purpose, I will say forget about it for the moment. The process is long, the documentation required a lot of certifications/ legalizations from both your own embassy and the Vietnam Embassy to certified that you are an expert and need to go to Vietnam. As for the cost, I am not sure as for me it is fully paid directly by the company who is asking me to go to Vietnam.

There is a shortage of foreign language teachers in Vietnam right now. According to posts on Facebook groups Vietnam some of the more prestigious language schools (like ILA) have been sponsoring qualified teachers and have been able to acquire special entry visa for them. But they still have to quarantine for 2 weeks. If you are desperately in need of a job, and willing to be locked up in hotel room for 2 weeks, teetering on the edge of psychosis towards the end, go for it. Bring some tranquilizers and anti-depressants. 

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

There is a shortage of foreign language teachers in Vietnam right now. According to posts on Facebook groups Vietnam some of the more prestigious language schools (like ILA) have been sponsoring qualified teachers and have been able to acquire special entry visa for them. But they still have to quarantine for 2 weeks. If you are desperately in need of a job, and willing to be locked up in hotel room for 2 weeks, teetering on the edge of psychosis towards the end, go for it. Bring some tranquilizers and anti-depressants. 

What's the salary on offer?   Is it enough to buy brand new condoms instead of retreads? 

Asking for a friend...

3 hours ago, impulse said:

What's the salary on offer?   Is it enough to buy brand new condoms instead of retreads? 

Asking for a friend...

5555, to be on the safe side stock up on condoms before you come over. Salaries vary quite a bit with  race (white is best - on the Vietnamese Arjan market, not My opinion), qualifications, and region. Salaries are higher In HCM, Hanoi, but so are cost of living. Anywhere from 10 to 30 $ an hour. Most farang make between 15 and 25,native speakers more than non-natives, but in Vietnam being white is more important than being native. They will sell you as a native if you are non-native farang,even if you are a farang kee nok. 

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

I am sure their is much cheaper than that around .... check Air Asia, Lion air, 

As far as I know, only Vietjet (they are not showing their flight on their website) are operating at the moment between Bangkok and Vietnam. Well that what my company told me. Anyway they are the one doing the bookings and paying the fees. I was just in the loop when they confirmed the booking for me and saw the cost...

Yes, checked with embassy already,

just to share some idea about flight tickets are so rare this time, 

but I advise anyone to use Traveloka app/web to book flights much cheaper around 2000 thb. 
the expensive flights are via Korean airlines or Japanese flights, but have to wait so long weeks, 

good luck to you all guys 

Archived