Bangkok Newbie visa extension w/letter

Hi all, 

So I'm here on Amnesty, arriving with VE mid-march. I was about to pull the trigger on a flight to Serbia on Friday, when I read that the British Embassy were issuing letters, so I sent in my info to them and sure enough I got the letter on Saturday. I've no clue about visa extensions in Thailand so I just googled it and ended up on the Thai immigration website.

There didnt seem to be any easy to find info about where I need to go so I am taking a guess that I need to go to "dep 1 - government complex".

Someone online told me I need an appointment and I wont get one now before sep 26. Anyway, I followed the link to the booking website via a QR code in a jpeg they had, and filled it in as best I could and I chose today (monday) 8.30-12. When I finished it said to "please take confirmation email or text to the counter" - but I never received these. Am I wrongly assuming that I dont have an appointment until I get those? I just assumed that I should wait and that the appointment would not be the date I wanted, but some time later. It's now too late for me to make that slot.

Also, I'm now reading I need a TM30 which I wont have (today) as I'm staying at a friends place, where I have not bothered to register. I will tonight. But is this a strict requirement? I've been a bit ignorant during my stay.

Any help appreciated. It's not imperative I stay in Thailand but I was hoping to stick around SEA for the rest of the year and the extra 30 days could give me the time needed for a border in SEA to open.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Adam219 said:

So, I've entered my passport into the appointment queue, sure enough there it is, with a booking number.

Have I screwed up? does missing the appointment create an additional problem for me?

Just head down there now and see if you can sort it out.

• Like 1

Check your spam email inbox. Others have found their confirmation there. A screenshot of your appointment confirmation should be accepted.

I assume you made appointment for Muang Thong Thani office.

I don't recall any report of Bangkok immigration wanting the TM30 report. They might have do one there for being a tenement if needed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Check your spam email inbox. Others have found their confirmation there.

Oh wow, now I feel really stupid, I'm so used to not receiving spam, that it didnt even occur to me to check there, :facepalm:

Sure enough, there it is. From a domain bizpotential .com (? lol)

Thanks for your help

Edited by Adam219
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Adam219 said:

Oh wow, now I feel really stupid, I'm so used to not receiving spam, that it didnt even occur to me to check there, :facepalm:

Sure enough, there it is. From a domain bizpotential .com (? lol)

Thanks for your help

Along with no SSL certificates, you can't expect much when dealing with Thai businesses and government bodies as they don't typically adhere to any semblance of security practice and therefore regularly fall into the spam box.

• Like 1

So, in the email... it suggests (in thai, so transalated) 

1. Stay in the Kingdom - for reasons for tourism for 30 days.
    (Can be connected only once) for residents of Bangkok province only
  2. Extension in the Kingdom - In case of necessity with an embassy Or the consulate Provide endorsement and request (Not more than 30 days allowed)
    For residents in Bangkok only

So, are they now processing extensions without the letter? I ask because my girlfriend who is French and arrived same time as me with visa exemption too, cannot get the letter but would love to extend if it's possible

57 minutes ago, Adam219 said:

1. Stay in the Kingdom - for reasons for tourism for 30 days.
(Can be connected only once) for residents of Bangkok province only

I am sure that is only for normal extensions of a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

She could try without the letter but I think it will not accepted.

• Like 1