Multiple Non-O transfer?

Hello! 

Apologies if this has been covered before.

If I am on a Multiple Entry Non-O based on marriage, currently on amnesty (visa expires this Thursday) but have a 60 day extension until late November, can I transfer that into a 1yr Non-O based on marriage? During the extension, next month, if I have the 400k in my bank account. It would be Chaengwattana Immigration as I live in BKK. 

Or am I up the creek? 

Thank you in advance. 

Also, I posted this in general topics, please feel free to delete it, Admin, as I can’t seem to do so. 

You could apply for a one a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa of any kind) at immigration based upon marriage.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply or proof 40k baht income.

I have removed the other topic you posted.

Thanks UbonJoe! 

Does it just get extended or is it transferred to a 90 day visa first? And then extended? 
I was unsure if they would extend for a year from the extension. 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a one a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa of any kind) at immigration based upon marriage.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the day you apply or proof 40k baht income.

I have removed the other topic you posted.

37 minutes ago, Beeps said:

Does it just get extended or is it transferred to a 90 day visa first? And then extended? 

No

I was unsure if they would extend for a year from the extension.

Your entry from the non-o visa has been extended for 60 days. You can apply for the one year extension near the end of the 60 day extension.

• 2 months later...

Hello again!

I went to get the extension today and they put me on an under consideration stamp, so thank you for your help. 

I wanted to ask about a 90 day report they have said I should have done.

When I went to get my initial 60 day extension, 13th August, nobody mentioned it but today they have sneakily put a notification in my passport but not showed me or informed me about it. 
it is back dated from the 13th August and has a November 10th date for a 90 day report. 

Which means tomorrow I need to traipse all the way back to Chaengwattana Immigration to possibly pay an overstay fine! 
So, my question is, will I be fined 14 days overstay, and rightly so, or are they wrong?

The amnesty was meant to end September 26th which is why I did the extension in the firsts place, which was then extended until October 31st, and also my extension didn’t begin until the 27th September, surely any 90 days would start from then, not the day I happened to go to immigration. Puzzled! 

So, my question is, will I be fined 14 days overstay, and rightly so, or are they wrong?

A late 90 day report is not a overstay. It a standard fine of 2000 baht not matter how many days late your are.

Since 90 day reports were not required until after October 31st. You should not be fined for late reporting.

Archived