Think before you ink: Thai woman rants on social media about her terrible tattoo

webfact

19 minutes ago, Logosone said:

If a Thai woman has a tattoo there's a 98% certainty she is prostitute. One walk around Nana and you'll see nothing but tattooed hookers.

Old way of thinking, was in Pattaya at Central Marina a ayear ago they had a whole bunch of Thai women and men full of  tats that were not hookers but biker types and goth types. They were giving out prises for the best tattoo's.

https://www.worldtattooevents.com/

Feature-Ink-in-Asia-Pic.jpg

Pattaya-Team-photo-new.jpg

4c9398eaf05981c086b3131033d7921b.jpg

images.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

57 minutes ago, Logosone said:

If a Thai woman has a tattoo there's a 98% certainty she is prostitute. One walk around Nana and you'll see nothing but tattooed hookers.

And from what trusted source did you get your statistic from?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, stouricks said:

And that you will want the said tattoo til the day you die.

How do you research which tattoo you will want for the next ???? years.

I have a number of pieces. Had them a good three decades. Faded a bit but look good still, i regret none of them. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You don't go into a tattoo shop like you'd go to a bakery and just hope they're good because they run a shop. She should have researched artists extensively to find the right one and this wouldn't have happened, imo she's mostly to blame here.

That tattoo is horrible! The line weight is atrocious, the composition sucks, it’s not really readable, the scales couldn’t be any worse and the color saturation isn’t that great either! Amateur at best! Either way, she saw stencil before he put it on so she can’t really complain about the composition and the readability, but she definitely has a case when it come to application and him being foul-mouthed was a very bad move on his part because anyone with a brain and eyesight will not get tattooed by that guy after seeing this! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Perception of tattoos has changed over the years, much more socially acceptable now.

Difficult to judge from a small picture, but quality of the tattoo looks good.

Talk about good timing, years ago I remember a Newcastle fan (calm down Wor Geordie) getting a tat of the then Toon Army idol Andy Cole.  Unfortunately he chose to do it the day before Cole was sold to Arsenal.  To make matters worse, he had the head on the tat altered to show Les Ferdinand.  Unfortunately he left soon afterwards as well.

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nothing wrong with tattoos, just make sure you get what you want...do your research first.

I agree 100%.  I have Thai Tattoos which were done by a monk, and then all of the regular Tats I had done over the years in the US and while in the military.  No regrets at all and they each have there own background and memories.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jvs said:

I am sure like many others i thought it was a good idea at the time.

Yes they are permanent.I could do without mine now but ,

I got two tattoos when I was 14 years young, yes 14. If you didn't have tattoos and weren't in a gang, life wouldn't be easy for you where I grew up in the 70's, one on each arm above the elbow and below the shoulder.

When I got older I was sick of them and wanted them removed, so I had them removed by laser, the funny thing was, people with a tattoo at that time were looked at either as someone who was a criminal/tuff guy or in the navy and just after I started treatment, the trend for tattoos was on the way in, all the girls were getting them on their lower back and so on.

It was a very painful experience, took about 28 visits and each visit was at 3 monthly intervals, so it took about 9 years in total if memory serves me correctly to have them totally removed, i.e. once you start you can't stop. If you have never experienced getting a tattoo removed by laser, it's exhilarating, the smell of burning skin as the laser feels like it's cutting your skin with a knife, then the cream is applied to soothing the burning sensation after the laser was turned off and a cloth is put over the areas with tape to hold it on as the skin starts to blister, I still remember the pain driving home on each occasion, no sleeping on my side for at least a week which is about how long it tool for the blisters to pop, i.e. unless you popped them first as I used to with a needle heated up, so that they could dry and heal and then turning into scabs that would start to itch and remove later with a toothpick, the itching like crazy didn't stop when the scabs came off so you had to keep applying cream and put on a cloth to stop you scratching the areas. 

Not a cheap exercise, was quoted about 5,000 baht per arm but negotiated him down to 3,500 baht per arm and as he stated that they would be gone after 8 to 10 treatments, so I said I would proceed on one condition, that was that if they weren't gone by the 12th treatment, he would continue to laser them, but for free, and until they were totally gone, and he agreed, so even though they cost me about 40,000 baht per arm up to the 12th treatment, I got the better deal in the end as it took over double the amount of treatments to remove them totally. Colours are the hardest to remove, especially green and red which I had, black comes off in two goes.

Funny thing, is when I came to Thailand in 2006, about a year after the treatments, I got two tattoos put on either side of my chest.....lol, although they are words and in black they could come off in two goes, but they will be on till they day I die, yep, gluten for punishment you might say. 

Ultimately it’s her fault.  She had a pic of the design she wanted and should have handed it to the artist, had him make a stencil, then she could have seen it on her skin before he ever started.  That’s what anyone with half a brain would do when getting tattooed. It looks like she showed him the design and he just did did a horrible job tattooing it freehand.  If you’re going to get a freehand tattoo you had better be 100% sure of you artist.  As bad as this looks she’s to blame.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Funny thing, is when I came to Thailand in 2006, about a year after the treatments, I got two tattoos put on either side of my chest.....lol, although they are words and in black they could come off in two goes, but they will be on till they day I die, yep, gluten for punishment you might say. 

Interesting story, thank you for sharing. I don't think I could have gotten another tattoo after what you went through lol. Are the ones you removed like 100% gone? Is it like nothing was ever there?

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

I absolutely agree. There are not many tattooed girls in Chiang Mai. But when I look at bars, gogos and clubs in Pattaya, there is perhaps 1 of 10 girls without thave attoos. Easy to find a newbie girl in Pattaya´s bars - she has no tattoos.

I don´t like tattoos. Will never have one and never a gf with tattoo. 

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I agree 100%.  I have Thai Tattoos which were done by a monk, and then all of the regular Tats I had done over the years in the US and while in the military.  No regrets at all and they each have there own background and memories.

I can relate to that. I have thousands of photos.

Seen a biker in Thailand who had 4 women names on his arms.

He said, all in the past, and all hate him about the same.

Showed me a new one on his shoulder, it was his son's name.

He was a senior and we had a chuckle and clinked our beers,

cheers to the past.

Geezer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

I can relate to that. I have thousands of photos.

Not sure its the same, as they do not cover up the marks underneath, unless of course you tape those photos over every place where you have either been stabbed, shot or had shrapnel removed, but then I digress.